Respected Contributor

Re: Spoiler Alert: Jeopardy fans

@I am still oxox wrote:

I will hold to my opinion that he threw the game first the Get Well card from his daughter to Alex and then his lack luster game play, which was very uncharacteristic for him

@I am still oxox wrote:

I will hold to my opinion that he threw the game first the Get Well card from his daughter to Alex and then his lack luster game play, which was very uncharacteristic for him

Since the shows are edited, he may have held onto the card until he lost and they inserted it into the end of the show. I think that he meant for that to be his last game, and that he wanted to preserve Jennings' record.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Since the shows are edited, he may have held onto the card until he lost and they inserted it into the end of the show. I think that he meant for that to be his last game, and that he wanted to preserve Jennings' record.

James is a professional gambler.  Professional gamblers play to win, not to preserve someone else's record.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

The more I think about this, the less I think that it was anything but a fair game in which the champ just lost.

I wanted to think that otherwise mainly because I was so enamored with his amazing combination of speed and seemingly infinite amount of information.

His place in Jeopardy history will remain. He singlehandedly made the show part of our psyche (regular viewers and new ones who had heard about him.)

Seriously, could you ask for more these days than reverence for such intellect?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I watched tonight and I'm unimpressed. There were at least three answers none of them knew and she missed FJ. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I watched tonight and I'm unimpressed. There were at least three answers none of them knew and she missed FJ. 

@occasionalrain, I wouid accuse you of a spoiler, but I'm a bit sensitive about that issue right now. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

If spoiler is in the title, I consider it a free for all. Someone complains, I label them a whiner. 

A poster spoiled last night in a thread that had no spoiler. I didn't appreciate it at the time but later I did. I would have felt blindsided if I hadn't had time to prepare for the Big disappointment

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

James is a professional gambler.  Professional gamblers play to win, not to preserve someone else's record.

@NickNack wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Until he makes a statement about his last game, my opinion is as valid as yours.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Until he makes a statement about his last game, my opinion is as valid as yours.

@mom2four0418   I've read a couple of statements made by James since his loss.  I found one statement in a quick search on ESPN's website.  I tried to cut and paste it but couldn't.  I can't post a link because of advertisements.  I don't want to argue about it though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

It was very obvious to me that James lost on purpose! Maybe he was tired and just wanted to go home? 

I'm quite sure the ratings will drop now that he's gone! 

Honored Contributor

Has anyone noticed the resemblance between James and his victor? And it's not just some facial similarities but also mannerisms.

I have to say, though, that I found him much more likeable.