Honored Contributor

I don't care that they don't work the weekends.  I wouldn't care if the USPS didn't work weekends.

For goodness sake what are people ordering that they HAVE to have that quickly and want it on a weekend? 

Esteemed Contributor

We have become a nation of instant gratification, and woefully short on patience.

We want what we want two seconds after we have completed the transaction.

Honored Contributor

Re: Speed It Up UPS!

[ Edited ]

I guess I'm also missing what the Hodgkins mess is?

I ordered a pair of boots and I just checked the shipping.  They arrived in Hodgkins on the 22nd and were in Maumee Ohio later that same day.  

Was I just lucky?  I"ve been getting my orders within 10 days of placing them.  I'm perfectly find with that.  

Respected Contributor

That was my first reaction too, Plaid Pants. Sometimes I take a step back and look at the things that bug me, and I realize how spoiled and (dare I say) entitled I've become.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor
Here it is Wednesday morning and I just received 3 Macy's items from Monday evening via UPS. No complaints and impressed with Macy's. (By the way prices were same or better than Amazon or Bed Bath!)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

For goodness sake what are people ordering that they HAVE to have that quickly and want it on a weekend? 

@Lipstickdiva

I wonder about that, too.   Granted, I'm as impatient to receive my orders as the next person, and I'm used to having it now, but I have to wonder if even "beam it to my front door, Scotty" wouldn't be fast enough these days.

I agree, however, that the crazy zig-zagging routes some of these packages take is ridiculous, but I think that may be because of the confusing/different methods of shipping (i.e., SmartPost and the like).

My HSN and Nordstrom packages arrive quickly and have good tracking info...I just have to keep in mind that other places, such as Q, are not as quick.   It is what it is.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I guess I'm also missing what the Hodgkins mess is?

I ordered a pair of boots and I just checked the shipping.  They arrived in Hodgkins on the 22nd and were in Maumee Ohio later that same day.  

Was I just lucky?  I"ve been getting my orders within 10 days of placing them.  I'm perfectly find with that.  

My orders also come from this UPS facility. Always get it the next day after it shows up in Hodgkin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

LipstickDiva wrote: 

@Lipstickdiva

I needed a mower blade that broke during the week. Not going to mow with a 3 blade mower with only 2 blades on it. Sooo! The sooner I got it(not paying overnight delivery fee)the sooner I could put on the blade and mow my ever growing acreage.

Can't speak for others, but myself, I am happy we are Prime members. And unlike @chrystaltree, I do not "give up a weekend waiting for a delivery". They actually don't demand my presence before they will leave a package. I go about my life as usual. This is not a "Service Call" for repairs, it is a delivery.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I know this thread is specific to UPS, which I think does an overall great job...if I want/need my package toot sweet, I have to pay for expedited.   But, an underlying issue is the general ship/receive time for packages.   This is my story...

On 9/20, I placed an order with QVC.

On 9/23, I placed an order with HSN.

Both were ordered around the same time of day.

I received both of them in my mailbox yesterday.

From a cursory glance, I think HSN just stuck my package in the US Mail and mailed it, and QVC may have passed their package around to at least one middle-man (the label had my address on it, but it also had "ship to:  [the address of my local post office]."   But, one has to have a Ph.D. to figure this stuff out or has to have all the time and patience in the world to research it...I don't have any of those lol. 

Bottom line:   It consistently takes QVC packages longer to get to me.   For this reason (and several other reasons), I don't shop at QVC anywhere as much as other places.

I would love to figure out a way to become a middle-man in QVC's shipping process.

The End.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~