Honored Contributor

I got my bill yesterday, I was still making the check out to Time Warner Cable. I noticed this bill I had to make it out to Spectrum. I noticed on my bill I had an adjustment total, a deposit interest of $13.86 and deposit credit of $25.00 for a total of $38.86 off my bill. I don't understand why the credit unless it has to do with the trouble Spectrum got into in New York state, we were suppose to get refunds, maybe this is it. Did anyone else get a credit on their bill?

Super Contributor

Why don't you call them and ask THEM?

Honored Contributor

Back in March I was offered 3 months of HBO as a result of the judgement in NY state. There was no mention of a choice of that or a credit, I took the HBO and dropped it at the end of the free period.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@IdahoGram wrote:

---

I can't speak for anyone else's experience, but calling Spectrum in my area can be an exhausting and unsatisfying use of valuable time.

Honored Contributor

They finally took Time Warner off our bill.

Honored Contributor

@IdahoGram wrote:

I'll call them and ask, they'll tell me it's a mistake, I don't think so!

Trusted Contributor

I would think it was part of the settlement but I would have thought it would be done by now. I was only eligible for the free HBO and it was explained on my bill back in April or May so if you can look back on old bills maybe it will tell you.

Otherwise did you return any equipment like a modem or previosuly pay them a deposit for something. I find it weird it says deposit credit.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

I would think it was part of the settlement but I would have thought it would be done by now. I was only eligible for the free HBO and it was explained on my bill back in April or May so if you can look back on old bills maybe it will tell you.

Otherwise did you return any equipment like a modem or previosuly pay them a deposit for something. I find it weird it says deposit credit.

@pigletsmom I haven't changed anything. I think maybe Spectrum overcharged their customers on various things.

Respected Contributor

I got my Spectrum bill in the mail yesterday and put it to the side.  I decided to go ahead and pay it today and when I wrote out the check, I noted they FINALLY have Spectrum as the payee instead of TW Cable.  Took them long enough.

Unfortunately I got no credit.  I do not live in NY, so maybe it was a NY thing.

I hate paying my cable bill but gotta have it these days.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Our email is with Spectrum and they just changed the way the email website and the entire page looks. I can’t even figure out how to open the email...can only see what’s in the inbox.