Honored Contributor

HSN CC switching to Synchrony for those worthy....

[ Edited ]

As of August 23rd, 2019, HSN CC's will no longer be with Comenity Capital Bank. However, it is NOT an automatic process. Your account will be reviewed and if deemed worthy, it will be moved over. If not, it will be closed. This includes the HSN Mastercard.

If it moves over, you have to redo all your account info, resign up for paperless billing, etc and will receive new numbers. If it does not, you pay off the account and that's it.

Just a heads up!

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN CC switching to Synchrony for those worthy....

@SahmIam 

Google 'Synchrony Bank reviews'. and read their reviews and their terms and conditions.

A couple of my CC's were 'sold' to Synchrony from another bank and it didn't take long to decide to cancel those accounts because of problems.

This is my own personal experience and your experience may be different.....I hope so.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Isnt Synchrony the same bank for the Evine CC?

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

As of August 23rd, 2019, HSN CC's will no longer be with Comenity Capital Bank. However, it is NOT an automatic process. Your account will be reviewed and if deemed worthy, it will be moved over. If not, it will be closed. This includes the HSN Mastercard.

If it moves over, you have to redo all your account info, resign up for paperless billing, etc and will receive new numbers. If it does not, you pay off the account and that's it.

Just a heads up!

Really, HSN doesn't mind losing some customers who don't make the cut? I don't buy that much from HSN, if they close my account I wouldn't care.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Sahmlam! Time to get rid of that card anyway.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Respected Contributor

Well, so much for those easy pays!!!  I wonder what happens if someone has a lot of easy pay installments left.  I'm hopeful that I will make the cut since I already have a Synchrony account from a recent furniture store purchase.  And, I also wonder when I will get notified!  Maybe with my next billing statement?

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't Synchrony the bank which operates QCard?  If so, it stands to reason that Quarate would want both cards using the same bank.   Maybe it won't be too long before QVC and HSN cards are practically one and the same (able to use for either for purchasing at both networks).  Using one bank for operation would be a step in that direction.  

Honored Contributor

Pretty soon all my credit cards will be with Synchrony Bank. LOL!!!

I have never had any problems. Maybe I just need 1 Synchrony credit card to use in place of all the others we have.

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

Well, so much for those easy pays!!!  I wonder what happens if someone has a lot of easy pay installments left.  I'm hopeful that I will make the cut since I already have a Synchrony account from a recent furniture store purchase.  And, I also wonder when I will get notified!  Maybe with my next billing statement?

@Suzeecat 

When Evine switched over to Synchrony Bank I was never notified. I only knew they did it when I received a credit card in the mail?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Isnt Synchrony the same bank for the Evine CC?

@Shelbelle 

Yes.

Credit Cards for JC Penney & Lowe's are also through Synchrony Bank. So is Sam's Club & Wal-Mart.