Honored Contributor

Spectrum Customer Service Stinks

My bill from Spectrum is $221 a month ( for triple play). Money  gotten tight for me, I can't afford this anymore. I'm thinking about getting internet and phone only, and subscribing to Hulu Live. I just got off the phone with a CS rep from Spectrum, it will cost $60 for internet and $20 for phone. Well I spoke to Verizon and I can get internet  for $40, and phone for $20. I asked Spectrum why their internet is $20 more, he told me because I'm not bundling it with tv. He wasn't sympathetic to my problem, being a loyal customer for almost 19 years means nothing to this company, they would rather see me leave.

Honored Contributor

Re: Spectrum Customer Service Stinks

@Jordan2 wrote:

My bill from Spectrum is $221 a month ( for triple play). Money  gotten tight for me, I can't afford this anymore. I'm thinking about getting internet and phone only, and subscribing to Hulu Live. I just got off the phone with a CS rep from Spectrum, it will cost $60 for internet and $20 for phone. Well I spoke to Verizon and I can get internet  for $40, and phone for $20. I asked Spectrum why their internet is $20 more, he told me because I'm not bundling it with tv. He wasn't sympathetic to my problem, being a loyal customer for almost 19 years means nothing to this company, they would rather see me leave.

yep

we did that

then they were all don't go, and I was 

can't type what I said here 

Honored Contributor

Trust me they are all the same. I have XFinity Comcast, also Triple Play, been with them 37 years. they took away my TCM for free, and raised my bill by $7 per month, is that crazy  or what, take away services, and raise bill at same time. 

Honored Contributor

Get this, Verizon will waive the $99 installation fee if you order online, if you order on the phone they charge you! That doesn't seem fair. Just wondering if I get phone and internet from Verizon does someone come to install it, or do they think it's something you can do for yourself ( I don't think I could)?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2.  Go to the electronics forum and look up  "Cutting the Cord" in the archives and I think youll get some good hints on saving on your cable, or rather without it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I cut the cord years ago.  I only have phone and internet.  I have a ROKU and subscribe to SlingTV and Frndly TV (yes, that's the correct spelling).  Sling TV is $30 month for my plan, phone/internet $80 month and FrndlyTV is $80 yearly.  Best thing I ever did.

Honored Contributor

must be across the board thing.

Our internet/cable bill went up 10.

We're dropping the paper and switching to a lower cost insurance.

If you join AMAC you can save on your home and car insurance.

It's a new thing like AARP they're going up against them. We saved.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   I have been a customer of theirs for near 40 years (when it was Charter and now Spectrum) and those poor customer service people just say what they are told to say.  I feel the way you do.  I am thinking about getting Roku.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

Be careful of Verizon (aka Frontier since it was sold) -- many of my friends are STUCK IN CONTRACTS and cost in the long run is much more!

If you don't bundle with all these cable companies there is no discount.

We're fortunate - we live in a gated community that has a "contract" with Spectrum for what they call the "gold" package -- its 138/month for all channels, internet & phone.

Otherwise, it would be over $250/month ...

Do your homework before jumping in -- I know the ads are inticing but certainly MISleading.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Jordan2 

Be careful of Verizon (aka Frontier since it was sold) -- many of my friends are STUCK IN CONTRACTS and cost in the long run is much more!

If you don't bundle with all these cable companies there is no discount.

We're fortunate - we live in a gated community that has a "contract" with Spectrum for what they call the "gold" package -- its 138/month for all channels, internet & phone.

Otherwise, it would be over $250/month ...

Do your homework before jumping in -- I know the ads are inticing but certainly MISleading.

Good luck!

@homedecor1 I asked if I would have a contract, she said no, of course she said the price could go up! @Ann52 , does Sling TV not have local channels? I would be unhappy without CBS, ABC, NBC, CW, and FOX.