Honored Contributor

My Time Warner has been taken over by this company, do any of you have experience with Spectrum ? TIA

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My Time Warner has been taken over by this company, do any of you have experience with Spectrum ? TIA

I had the bundle with Charter.  Yes, Spectrum has taken that over too.  Spectrum has some real problems, but hopefully they will get all of that straightened out.   I had problems with the TV and Internet.  I really don't care for Spectrum at all. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Isn't it just a name change from Time Warner to Spectrum?

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Just another big company swallowing up little companies so they can hike up the price and give you less than good quality and make a bundle off of you, knowing you have no choice in the matter.

Honored Contributor

Spectrum has raised our monthly bill. In our area,  Spectrum offers fewer channels and is the only choice we have for internet. 

I have not had a good experience with them. 

Honored Contributor

We don't have them but I haven't heard good things about them from those that do.

Trusted Contributor

Same with us here on the SE coast.  So far, so good.  But it's early. 

Respected Contributor

I have had triple-play with TWC and as strange as this may sound, overall, it's been okay over the years. (Keep in mind, all cable providers leave something to be desired!)

My bill has not changed since TWC "changed their name" to Spectrum a few months ago. Should it my bill or service change, I will be the first to give them an ultimatum. 

Honored Contributor

I've been with Charter (recently renamed Spectrum) for decades and it's been a pretty good cable company.

Now that they have acquired TW, hopefully those folks will see better service.   I've always heard so many complaints about that company.  I just hope that Charter/Spectrum stays good instead of going the way of the old TW.  So far, so good.

People who have old cable boxes should look into getting newer ones.   Several years ago, when they went all digital, they had new boxes (much smaller, too, which I liked) that include HD, so you don't pay more for HD anymore.   The boxes have both HDMI and A/V, so that if you don't have an HDTV with HDMI ports you can still go with the old SD.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I have had triple-play with TWC and as strange as this may sound, overall, it's been okay over the years. (Keep in mind, all cable providers leave something to be desired!)

My bill has not changed since TWC "changed their name" to Spectrum a few months ago. Should it my bill or service change, I will be the first to give them an ultimatum. 

Like you I have been pretty satisfied with TWC, I'm hoping that things don't change too much .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan