Honored Contributor

When getting an unwanted call you gotta answer saying "Enter your credit card number now." Its always a loud CLICK on the other end. It ends the call immediately and they never call again.  We do this all the time and its works.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

All very interesting experiences.  Thank you!.  I'm still, however, very puzzled by the word "SPAM" being shown on the caller ID.

I sure do resent the fact that I PAY for phone services that I can no longer use completely for the intended purposes.  "Not answering" was never a necessary option in the "good old days".

Happy weekend everyone!

Honored Contributor

Look up NoMoRobo Calls we have used it or years and its great and I am not sure I have every heard these calls called SPAM calls

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

When getting an unwanted call you gotta answer saying "Enter your credit card number now." Its always a loud CLICK on the other end. It ends the call immediately and they never call again.  We do this all the time and its works.

Better not to answer at all.

Frequent Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

Just received yet another spam call.  Caller ID display read "Spam_Unavailable".  The number showing is 1-800-829-1040.  That number is actually IRS!  So my question....how does one actually call IRS these days, should the need arise?  Anyone else get such a weird spam call?

If that's the real number you can call them, just look it up first. Caller ID is spoofed.