Honored Contributor

Morbid, Practical, or Tacky?

Don't leave a mess for your loved ones. Instead, leave all the information they need to take care of your belongings, business affairs, and wishes. This practical and not at all morbid book walks you through the important stuff: personal information, medical information, key contacts, dependents, documents, financial information, insurance, who will care for your pets, how to handle your email and social media accounts, personal wishes, last words, and other vital details. Hardcover, 96 pages. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Morbid, Practical, or Tacky?

Practical, but probably not something I'd buy for my 'gift drawer'.

Respected Contributor

I guess it’s practical 

The title is a little tacky 

Honored Contributor

My dad knew he was dying and had a list he’d entitled:  Things to Do Before I Die.  Made me cry.

Honored Contributor

The book is tacky.  Leaving behind all needed information is the only responsible thing to do. 

Valued Contributor

It has a certain sense of morbid humor about it that might appeal to people that don't have their affairs in order. I know quite a few people that due to not owning a lot or having a lot of inheritable possessions that think it's pointless to get their affairs in order. Then there are the people who never think death is going to happen to them.

I can think of a few people I know who could use this 'gentle' prodding. But then the receiver would have to have a sense of humor, I wouldn't give it to any nervous Nellies or people who are highly offended when a handkerchief drops.

Esteemed Contributor

I think that it's practical.

When a loved one has passed, it is convenient to have all of the needed information in one place, so that nothing is forgotten.

How many times have people here wondered about what happened to a certain poster?

If their loved one had the info to drop a post here to let us know, then we could send our condolences and know.

That may sound stupid, but when one is grieving and dealing with a loss, it's easy to overlook something, simply because they don't have the information.

So, if it's all in one place, that makes it easier for them.

Nothing wrong with that.

Honored Contributor

I think it is practical and kind of whimsical.  We all know we’re going to die.  I just don’t understand why some people don’t like talking about death.

It’s not something we can avoid forever.

Trusted Contributor

I would say hilarious! Love it!

Honored Contributor

Nobody would probably find me.........until I failed to pay the property tax..........   

♥Surface of the Sun♥