Honored Contributor

Re: Song comes on and you....

@PA Mom-mom Loved your post about Debbie Boone, It really DID make me laugh out loud!

Honored Contributor

I could live a long and happy life never hearing "Tomorrow" from "Annie" again.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

"I'm Too Sexy"  by Right Said Fred.  Yuck!  I couldn't stand it in the 90's and certainly couldn't stand it last year when Kroger used it in a commercial:

(110) Kroger Commercial "Workout" (2020) - YouTube

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@cactusgal wrote:

Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel.

Awww.  I loved Aretha Franklin's cover!

@gertrudecloset:  Lawd have mercy, that women could have sung about dust on my table. And it would have been a # 1 hit. Never new she sang that song. I listened to it on YouTube and it gave me the chills. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@candys mine Agree about story lines being inspiring. I like IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL song for same reason -- the story line and courage of father who lost his family is emotional and inspiring. My fave 'America' song is AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL. No dry eyes when I hear this patriotic song. I also like THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND, Woody Guthrie. My favorite 4th grade elementary teacher (taught music AND social science) led us in this song each day. We sang it to the top of our lungs. Good memories.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@cactusgal wrote:

Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel.

Awww.  I loved Aretha Franklin's cover!

@gertrudecloset:  Lawd have mercy, that women could have sung about dust on my table. And it would have been a # 1 hit. Never new she sang that song. I listened to it on YouTube and it gave me the chills. Woman Very Happy

@cactusgalI have come to realize that Ms. Franklin did A LOT OF COVERS.  I grew up listening to her but it was not until she died that I discovered all the covers she did.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

REO Speedwagon     Can't Fight This Feeling

I don't know what it is about this song, but I can't change the station fast enough when it comes on!!

Esteemed Contributor

867-5309  Tommy Tutone

Hey

Jenny Jenny who can I turn to ?

You give me something  I can hold on to

I know you'll think I'm like the others  before

Who saw your name and number on the wall

Jenny I've got your  number

I need to make you mine

Jenny don't change your number

eight six seven five three oh nine

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

MacArthur Park

I win!

@suzyQ3  Agree...never could figure out who left the d*mn cake out in the rain.

@Mersha      Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Remember that song   at Disco . I would laugh when I heard that song  as I thought it was silliy   when I was young=g. . Hadn't thought of it nor heard it in years , but a  musical toy that I bought for my Grandson had the MacAuthor  Park  tune on it  and I remembered the tune and lyrics after 50 yrs . It is a bitter sweet song abt a relationship which I now appreciate . Donna Summer !

Super Contributor

Roxannne by the Police.  

I Shot the Sheriff by a Eric Clapton.

Tonight's the Night by Rod Stewart.  Totally cringeworthy.

Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard.  I actually didn't mind this song when it first came out.  But I saw a clip of the band singing the song during a fairly recent tour and it occurred to me that nobody in their fifties should be singing Pour Some Sugar on Me.  

Anything by Led Zeppelin except for Stairway to Heaven.  Although it has been ridiculously overplayed, Stairway to Heaven is really a masterpiece in my opinion.  Aside from that song, I don't get the appeal of Led Zeppelin at all.