Super Contributor

@kivahwrote:

@Allegheny

In 2001 I had been experiencing various symptoms but I didn't know what it was. I was working part-time jobs and had no insurance. In 2003, I realized that I had ovarian cancer, as my mother died from that in 1982. I still wasn't able to go to the doctor - having no insurance - so I had to wait til November, 2005 when I turned 65 yrs old when Medicare kicked in.

All my life I had insurance until I needed it.

I was right - I had ovarian cancer, stage 3.

I'm very lucky - I had surgery and chemo -- and "I BEAT IT".

I'm now 77 yrs old - and the age doesn't fit the person.

@kivah@ Way to go at kicking cancer’s @ss

Valued Contributor

I turn 65 in November and I am to apply in August I believe.  My husband told me that his insurance will still cover me.  However, if he were to lose his job, I will be without medical insurance.  I don't know what to do.

Trusted Contributor

@mare54wrote:

I just signed up for Social Security. Am I really that old. I’m 64 this year. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Age is only a number &  you are not old at all! Have a fun loving weekend & don't behave yourself! LOL! Woman Wink Leiloni

Trusted Contributor

@BornToShopwrote:

9B2E689D-DDC1-4167-9217-B8CAC50A3CE5.jpeg

OMG, This is so funny, ROTFLMAO!

Trusted Contributor

@bonnieluwrote:

I am only eleven.  I never got out of the 6th grade.  But the social security checks do help and I EARNED THEM.  lol

LOL, You have a great sense of humor, thx for the laugh!!!! Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@kivahwrote:

@OKPrincess

I was living with my mother in 1982 - her bedroom was in the back of the house and my bedroom was in the front. Every morning I'd hear her in the kitchen as she got up earlier than I did. This one morning, I didn't hear her - so I went to her bedroom - and she was "on the floor." I said, mom - how long have u been on the floor - and she said she didn't know. I called 911 and it took 2 EMTs to pick her up. They took her to the hospital - and after being there for a month, she passed away. She was sick for 2-1/2 years --- but there were many good days - so I was happy for that. She was the BEST mother and I'm still missing her every day.

So deeply sorry about your beloved Mother, truly I am. Leiloni

Trusted Contributor

@QVCPhobewrote:

I turn 65 in November and I am to apply in August I believe.  My husband told me that his insurance will still cover me.  However, if he were to lose his job, I will be without medical insurance.  I don't know what to do.

Dear roni 1, If I were you I'd call SSA & ask them, I'm sure they will be able to answer all of your questions & hopefully put you at ease somewhat. Have a wonderful weekend! Sorry, I can't be more helpful. Leiloni