Esteemed Contributor

Re: Social Distancing until 2022

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
This woman hasn’t said anything that common sense and overthinking could tell us about what MAY happen. It’s not written in stone, it’s possibilities. Too much doom and gloom. Let’s try to take this one day at a time, otherwise we will worry every day of our lives, 24/7.

Taking it one day at a time is a big part of the reason we are where we are now.

We need to be proactive not reactive..  Yes, the report speaks to possibilities but if they aren't considered, evaluated and adjustments made as needed they will become fact..

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Does the OP thrive on posting the doom and gloom posts, everythign she posts is very alarming 

That's not so. Fairly recently she didn't give a hoot about COVID-19 just like many. At first she she didn't care about the virus,and she just cared about her stocks and getting TP. I remember that because it seemed so off key to me at the time.

I'm glad she came around! I thought everyone was overreacting and glooming it up at first too. It takes a while to understand and wrap your head around it.

@Porcelain 

ITA.

You have to admit, it IS pretty gloomy.

But why do we think that life is just supposed to be all fun, or even particularly tolerable, all the time?  Because we've never actually had to face a tough challenge before, unlike previous generations?

Poor us.  Called to sit on our couches and cover our noses and mouths.  

And yes, many of us have to figure out how we are going to make a living going forward, because social distancing in our line of work is impossible without a huge paradigm shift.

WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Does the OP thrive on posting the doom and gloom posts, everythign she posts is very alarming 

That's not so. Fairly recently she didn't give a hoot about COVID-19 just like many. At first she she didn't care about the virus,and she just cared about her stocks and getting TP. I remember that because it seemed so off key to me at the time.

I'm glad she came around! I thought everyone was overreacting and glooming it up at first too. It takes a while to understand and wrap your head around it.

@Porcelain 

ITA.

You have to admit, it IS pretty gloomy.

But why do we think that life is just supposed to be all fun, or even particularly tolerable, all the time?  Because we've never actually had to face a tough challenge before, unlike previous generations?

Poor us.  Called to sit on our couches and cover our noses and mouths.  

And yes, many of us have to figure out how we are going to make a living going forward, because social distancing in our line of work is impossible without a huge paradigm shift.

WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Cat Tongue

LOL binkies for everyone. Sterilized of course.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The one thing you can count on is change.

The virus is not go away, and it is here and we must deal with matters as they are.

The virus will be around for a long while.

No one knows what tomorrow will bring. There are so many scenarios being said.

We have not gone through this before, we do not like not knowing, we do not know what to expect, and some of us are not doing what is said to be expected of us to do.

We are experiencing a new way of living. Our lives have changed and probably will continue to

Some of us will survive and some of us will not.

Some of us will still hopefully have our jobs and some of us will not.

Some of us will undoubtedly suffer financial loses which will have an affect on our lives for the future and how we will manage.

We will go forward because forward we must, and going forward means accepting what IS to come.

This situation is difficult for me. I do not like it but I can not control this part of my destiny. Some people are talking about months more living as such while others are saying years. I prefer the months, if years then if I am still around I might as well adapt now because that is the only option.

Vaccines?

Immune systems adapting?

Who the heck knows.

Worrying causes wrinkles and so do smiles cause wrinkles. Pick you wrinkle.

Health to All

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the complaints about posters who are, in my opinion, kind to share whatever information is available. Not knowing helps no one. One day at a time is what keeps people putting up with bad situations hoping they will improve on their own. They seldom do, but miracles happen once in awhile.

Not knowing about the gloom and doom won't make it just go away. 

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
This woman hasn’t said anything that common sense and overthinking could tell us about what MAY happen. It’s not written in stone, it’s possibilities. Too much doom and gloom. Let’s try to take this one day at a time, otherwise we will worry every day of our lives, 24/7.

Taking it one day at a time is a big part of the reason we are where we are now.

We need to be proactive not reactive..  Yes, the report speaks to possibilities but if they aren't considered, evaluated and adjustments made as needed they will become fact..

ITA @Marp.  If there is one lesson that I hope many take away from this experience is how important public health really is and relying on those plans and science is important for the welfare of the public and thereby, the economy.

It is not a pleasant thought for me either, but I think we are a long way off from getting back to what many are considering normal.  It is probably just going to a new normal for a while with us needing to rethink about how close we are around others, public places taking temperatures, submitting to required tests, etc.  That is if and when, they get enough tests and they are able to figure out the serology.  I don't really know.  I am just really glad that I don't have to figure it all out!!!  Think I would have to order a mega cases of wine for that, and I don't really care for much wine.  lol!! 

In the meantime, there is some really interesting and yet concerning information coming out of other countries.  It was reported in China and now in South Korea of patients that recovered and testing negative, testing positive again.  And some patients that recover from their symptoms stil testing positive 21-30 days past the time their symptoms subsided.

Geez.  Now, more research to determine if these were false negative tests to start, if patients can become reinfected (the virus reactivates), and for how long they may shed the virus after symptoms abate.  Hopefully, they can find out something relatively soon.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

There was a police officer in Pennsylvania who had the virus, recovered, tested negative, and was cleared to return to work. Some days later he died of Covid-19. Was it a false negative or was he reinfected?

Respected Contributor

That is the million dollar question @occasionalrain.  And something they really need to research to find out.  

It's one thing when it occurs with just a small number.  I think many thought along those lines when they started reporting this in China.  Small number of overall cases, probably a false negative test.  And they were too swamped at the time to really research while they were under the gun just trying to keep people alive.  Then the cases now in South Korea, and a few  here in the U.S.    Now, it is a larger total number in different geographical areas and they need to look at what's happening there. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wasn't there a variety of measles, the three day?, that one can get again and again. I believe there's a vaccine for it now. Is it Rubella?

Respected Contributor

i read this on a friends facebook!

social distancing doesnt mean stay at home orders everyone!