Honored Contributor

Re: Social Distancing until 2022

Does the OP thrive on posting the doom and gloom posts, everythign she posts is very alarming 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

We should also have a vaccine by then.

i just can't see people tolerating isolating in their homes for that long.

Two more years of this?

I call "no way".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I'd already concluded that this virus wasn't going away and we would be at risk until a safe and effective immunization is developed.  I fully expect to socially isolate until well into, if not all of, 2021.  I feel for those who must get out and mingle to work, raise their children, etc.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Does the OP thrive on posting the doom and gloom posts, everythign she posts is very alarming 

That's not so. Fairly recently she didn't give a hoot about COVID-19 just like many. At first she she didn't care about the virus,and she just cared about her stocks and getting TP. I remember that because it seemed so off key to me at the time.

I'm glad she came around! I thought everyone was overreacting and glooming it up at first too. It takes a while to understand and wrap your head around it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

People can't even seem to do this for a month without a lot of fussing and whining.

I wouldn't care if some people chuck it all and go visiting and hugging and whatever other behavior they just must engage in, and if it only impacted them, fine, they can do whatever the heck they want, but their behavior impacts others' lives.

And that just isn't right.  It's not OK, and it's not alright.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox    No, we have another poster who has accepted that role.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I think I rather not live then to live somewhat like this for two more years.

Well, I'm certainly not willing to just give up because I have to do this for 2 years.

I expect and want to live quite a long time after that.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

I prefer to have my info filtered and in small chunks I would rather not have it ramed down my throat on a shopping bulletin board

@Porcelain wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

That's not so. Fairly recently she didn't give a hoot about COVID-19 just like many. At first she she didn't care about the virus,and she just cared about her stocks and getting TP. I remember that because it seemed so off key to me at the time.

I'm glad she came around! I thought everyone was overreacting and glooming it up at first too. It takes a while to understand and wrap your head around it.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Porcelain 

I prefer to have my info filtered and in small chunks I would rather not have it ramed down my throat on a shopping bulletin board

Hmmm. My browser doesn't ram anything down my throat. You must be using a different model.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I don't like people in my space, I don't want hugs and hand shakes from acquaintances much less strangers. So for me, social distancing is welcome, except for the masks; I can do without those.

I like that businesses are cleaning their spaces, that there is a shield between me and the cashier, and more stores offer disinfectant wipes at their entrances.

It will be grand if in future people are forced to stay at home when they're sick instead of infecting those who are unfortunate to come in contact with them.

Parents will no longer be permitted to leave their children to wonder stores touching everything and playing with produce.

There is never a negative without a positive to be included somewhere.