Honored Contributor

Re: So tired of the USPS lying.

@Nataliesgramma - if our regular carrier is off and it happens to be a junk mail only day, the sub will not deliver it.  Just walks on by.

Honored Contributor

Not to scare anybody, but, when you have new mail carriers they give your mail to the fellow up the street and so it shows "been delivered".

Yes, it has, but, just not to you. I had that with a IRS letter ! We never got it and IRS gives you certain amount of days to respond. I was beyond nuts and just called IRS and explained I can't respond because I never got your response.  They reviewed and told me what they had told me in the letter I never got and that I was good to go.

Hubbo and I could quit biting our nails. Then few days later hubbo was out mowing and this car pulled up out at mailbox and waved to hubbo and said "we got your mail few days ago". He thanked him for bringing it down. There was the IRS letter.

Had a Imperial Gold bracelet delivered to my next door neighbor, who, by the grace of God walked over and handed to me. Unopened. I kept a straight face and thanked her.

Good luck !

Trusted Contributor

@SharkEwhat a terrible ordeal on both accounts! 

Honored Contributor

Yep, IRS can do what they please with you and nothing you can do.

Re: the Imperial gold bracelet she could had opened it, decided it was a right nice xmas present and as far as I'm concerned QVC isn't gonna believe me or send me out another 500 bracelet just for the heck of it.

I don't even want to go there..............

Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

I can say that we are lucky and have reasonably good service from our local post office and mail carriers. One day I looked down our lane and there were 4 mail trucks there.  I drove down to see what was going on.  Our mail carrier has an extremely long route. She was overloaded and way behind delivery schedule.  So the post office called out other drivers to assist with delivery.  They were all down there working like busy bees to redistribute her load onto their trucks.  In the 30+ years I have lived here I never saw that.

I know they are paid well, but driving around in those pathetic little trucks with no all wheel drive, power steering, AC and probably crappy heaters I wouldn't want their jobs.

Honored Contributor

If you are talking about when UPS hands the package off to the Usps for delivery, always add a day.  UPS tracking will show that it was delivered on 12/3 but that means it was delivered to Usps on 12/3; you will actually get it a day or two later.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still don't know why USPS did this.  I returned a jean to Nashville TN.  I insured it, got a tracking number, etc.  On this past Saturday, I received an email from USPS, saying that there was something wrong with the address and that they could not deliver it.  I called them and they simply said they were returning to me via 4th class.  With the Christmas rush on, god only knows when I would receive it (or ever) On Monday, I received another email from USPS.  They delivered the package!!!!!  I called the store and they said, yes they received it and my visa would be credited back.  I'm still in shock.....Why or why did they send me that message that they could not deliver it/bad address, etc?

Anyone go through something like this?

Trusted Contributor

I've had a running battle with the USPS for years.  Missing mail; packages marked delivered, but not delivered.  Once, for a Sunday delivery for Amazon, they marked my status "could not deliver, business was closed"!!!!!  I can't put mail in my mailbox to be picked up, because they pick it up and I swear they toss it!  It never gets to its destination.

I've complained and been told that the USPS doesn't operate that way!  "Shame on me"  I suppose!  Then, lo and behold, back in April, I got a stack of bundled mail that should have been delivered in December 2017!!!!

We have local Amazon warehouses, and I do a lot of shopping with Amazon.  They rarely put anything through the USPS anymore.  They hire their own delivery drivers who are much more dependable.

Right now I'm waiting for delivery, from the USPS, for several Priority padded mailers and two boxes.  I need them for mailing Christmas gifts.  THEY'RE LOST!!!!! 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl wrote:

Every Christmas this happens where they say they have delivered something and they haven’t. I usually get it the next day, but what a hassle.   I know a lot of you have been through this, but it’s tiresome.  I called JTV and they said I have to wait 10 days to make a claim.  

@GSPgirl

Wait a couple days andyour package will come in ... the way they track packages and say its delivered on their system and isnt very accurate Ive found.....

And since we have a new USPS delivery person its even worse, there's now a days delay -I signed up for Informed Delivery, but what they show for the current day doesnt get delivered until the FOLLOWING day, and after 6 PM at that!!!...And it will only get worse with the Christmas season.....Woman Frustrated

Funny how the previous guy delivered everything by 2:30 PM each day...... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I feel very lucky.  I live rural and have excellent USPS and UPS delivery.  I have had a delay with USPS, but as long as the tracking is kept up I'm fine with it.  I'm not understanding the "delivered" status, unless as pointed out here that it was misdirected to the wrong address.  It's a scan in the field, so how is it delivered the next day?  Like I said, I'm fortunate and hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying it.  LOL