Honored Contributor

Re: So tired of the USPS lying.

@chrystaltree wrote:

If you are talking about when UPS hands the package off to the Usps for delivery, always add a day.  UPS tracking will show that it was delivered on 12/3 but that means it was delivered to Usps on 12/3; you will actually get it a day or two later.  

If something starts off with UPS and then is transferred to the post office to be delivered, when I check tracking it doesn't say delivered by UPS.  It says it was given to USPS for delivery.

Respected Contributor

@songbird  something wonky going on w USPS Nashville Distribution Center . Ordered a ring from JTV on BF.  My package got bounced around Nashville and Knoxville all last week  and went into  black hole Friday.  

called JTV yesterday and the rep let it slip that there were issues with Nashville and shipments.  but they won't put in a claim until the 10th!  Meanwhile my size is gone.

this is the same message my pkg tracking has been posting since Saturday, they just change the dates:

December 3, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Honored Contributor

You want to hear the USPS lie of the day for me yesterday?   A friend sent me a package and it was supposed to be delivered, but they scanned it 'animal interference'.   They were not able to deliver it for that reason.

Now, first point - I saw her come up the driveway and leave the driveway - no package in hand.   Fact of the matter is, the mail she did deliver was my next door neighbor's.   I delivered it to them.  Don't know if there was any mail that was supposed to be mine, as everything in my mailbox was theirs.

Secondly - animal interference?  Seriously?   I live on a quiet little street.  No lions or tigers, or even dogs, roaming the street.

Full-on lie and if that weren't enough, I'm getting tired of having to deliver my neighbor's mail and wondering where MY mail might have been delivered.

I usually don't rage out on stuff like deliveries.  Mistakes happen, and I get that, but this has gotten really weird.

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@songbird  something wonky going on w USPS Nashville Distribution Center . Ordered a ring from JTV on BF.  My package got bounced around Nashville and Knoxville all last week  and went into  black hole Friday.  

called JTV yesterday and the rep let it slip that there were issues with Nashville and shipments.  but they won't put in a claim until the 10th!  Meanwhile my size is gone.

this is the same message my pkg tracking has been posting since Saturday, they just change the dates:

December 3, 2018
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Thank you!  Now I know what's going on!  It's just so weird.....The jean I returned was from Imogene + Willie (kind of an icon in Nashville)  I almost returned it FedEx but opted for USPS.  I originally sent it on Saturday  2nd day air priority from my post office.  Arrived in Nashville on Wednesday.  Sat there till Saturday & then told me they were returning it, bad address!  Monday morning, they delivered it!

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

December 3, 2018

Thank you!  Now I know what's going on!  It's just so weird.....The jean I returned was from Imogene + Willie (kind of an icon in Nashville)  I almost returned it FedEx but opted for USPS.  I originally sent it on Saturday  2nd day air priority from my post office.  Arrived in Nashville on Wednesday.  Sat there till Saturday & then told me they were returning it, bad address!  Monday morning, they delivered it!

yay for you!  nail-biting no?     they obviously got clobbered last week. i'm sure mine "fell" off the belt ;-D .  tiny pkg containing jewelry.    i'm still hoping . ha now they just changed the date to Dec 4th In Transit blah blah.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl  and @Kachina624 who hadn't heard of this before, check out this article.  My own mail carrier has admitted to me several times that the USPS does this practice:

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/2017/12/05/postal-workers-claim-theyre-being-forced-to-fake-pack...

Honored Contributor

I hate the notification that says "Handed directly to a resident" when all they did was leave it on your doorstep.

I've even asked amazon several times to remove that option from its delivery vendors.  Even the USPS does it.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

The USPS will have a further setback this week:  I heard that there will be no mail delivery tomorrow (Wednesday) because of the national day of mourning for Pres. George H.W. Bush.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I hate the notification that says "Handed directly to a resident" when all they did was leave it on your doorstep.

I've even asked amazon several times to remove that option from its delivery vendors.  Even the USPS does it.

(bolded by me)  I've also seen that.  Nobody handed me, or anybody else, anything.  It was either left in my mailbox or on my porch.   

It boggles the mind why they must scan stuff improperly sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

The USPS will have a further setback this week:  I heard that there will be no mail delivery tomorrow (Wednesday) because of the national day of mourning for Pres. George H.W. Bush.

Yep, and Jimmy Carter next.