Respected Contributor

Re: So tired of hearing about/ reading about that gorilla.

@151949 So you start yet another thread about it? That tells me you can't be that tired of it.  

The most senseless response ever.  It's like a kid saying "I know you are but what am I."   Na na na na na na.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@151949 wrote:

It is done . It is over with. The end . The gorilla is dead. It seems to me that a lot of people need to get a life that involves people for them to interact with. Nature is cruel, animals eat other animals every day. Humans will go on and on about this poor animal while they sit there eating a ham sandwich or a hamburger. IMO - the carrying on about this is very immature. 

Really? Sure he was just a animal, lets just ignore it,he is dead,do you do that towards people also?

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@151949 wrote:

It is done . It is over with. The end . The gorilla is dead. It seems to me that a lot of people need to get a life that involves people for them to interact with. Nature is cruel, animals eat other animals every day. Humans will go on and on about this poor animal while they sit there eating a ham sandwich or a hamburger. IMO - the carrying on about this is very immature. 

Really? Sure he was just a animal, lets just ignore it,he is dead,do you do that towards people also?

What do you think?

She has not been nice many other times.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Because zoo animals are captive and visitors are free to come and go, I would like those attending to sign a release upon entering accepting responsibility for any risk to themselves acknowledging that the animals' welfare comes first?

While attempts would be made to rescue a visitor,  as long as the animal remains in his enclosure,  he would not be harmed.

Just to clearify....You are saying that if for any reason a person finds themselves in an enclosue with a wild animal they can be killed by the animal and the staff will not stop it from happening?

What is it was a maintenance worker or a staff member?  Accidents do happen, no one should be expected to give there life because some feel that animals lives matter more.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@151949 wrote:

What do you think?

She has not been nice many other times.

Oh, I know and quite agree.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Because zoo animals are captive and visitors are free to come and go, I would like those attending to sign a release upon entering accepting responsibility for any risk to themselves acknowledging that the animals' welfare comes first?

While attempts would be made to rescue a visitor,  as long as the animal remains in his enclosure,  he would not be harmed.

Just to clearify....You are saying that if for any reason a person finds themselves in an enclosue with a wild animal they can be killed by the animal and the staff will not stop it from happening?

What is it was a maintenance worker or a staff member?  Accidents do happen, no one should be expected to give there life because some feel that animals lives matter more.

Oh maybe we should ask the Gorilla what he thinks about that. Oh wait we can't because he is dead.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish they would do away with zoos - I think they will, eventually.

That said, I agree with the OP.

The gorilla is dead, all these debates and emotional tirades on the internet get old.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

I'll come back in an hour and this thread will be gone

any bets

Four minutes to go and it will have lasted an hour!  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

They will make every attempt to rescue the individual, tranquilizing the animal for example, but will not kill him.

People are free to choose their profession, some choose dangerous ones, they understand and accept the risks.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949 So you start yet another thread about it? That tells me you can't be that tired of it.  

I'm guessing that her post is more meant to be about the cry to protect the animal being the main focus, when in reality, animals die every day by natural selection and by man's hand.

This particular case, there was the safety and life of a young child involved, making it very critical to act quickly and some of what we read and hear about this, makes that fact secondary to the life of the animal. And I think she is agitated by that slant to the story.

And then, I could be wrong, and she was just looking for a ruckus.