Respected Contributor

Re: So tired of hearing about/ reading about that gorilla.

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I wish they would do away with zoos - I think they will, eventually.

That said, I agree with the OP.

The gorilla is dead, all these debates and emotional tirades on the internet get old.

But I guess you and the OP should be allowed to vent and we should all be quiet? Why post ? Why blather on about why you don't like reading something if you can simply skip it? Nope you need to wag your finger at us because how dare we give our POV.  

I find people starting threads like this immature and obnoxious. But I would not waste my time starting a thread to say that.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

They will make every attempt to rescue the individual, tranquilizing the animal for example, but will not kill him.

People are free to choose their profession, some choose dangerous ones, they understand and accept the risks.

Did you know that it can take up to 10 minutes for a tranquilizer to work?

Fact.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Because zoo animals are captive and visitors are free to come and go, I would like those attending to sign a release upon entering accepting responsibility for any risk to themselves acknowledging that the animals' welfare comes first?

While attempts would be made to rescue a visitor,  as long as the animal remains in his enclosure,  he would not be harmed.

Just to clearify....You are saying that if for any reason a person finds themselves in an enclosue with a wild animal they can be killed by the animal and the staff will not stop it from happening?

What is it was a maintenance worker or a staff member?  Accidents do happen, no one should be expected to give there life because some feel that animals lives matter more.

Oh maybe we should ask the Gorilla what he thinks about that. Oh wait we can't because he is dead.

Seems like a foolish exercise to ask a Gorilla anything and expect an answer. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lets talk about state capitals, instead.

States-and-Capitals-List-BW-400w.jpg (400×518)

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I wish they would do away with zoos - I think they will, eventually.

That said, I agree with the OP.

The gorilla is dead, all these debates and emotional tirades on the internet get old.

But I guess you and the OP should be allowed to vent and we should all be quiet? Why post ? Why blather on about why you don't like reading something if you can simply skip it? Nope you need to wag your finger at us because how dare we give our POV.  

I find people starting threads like this immature and obnoxious. But I would not waste my time starting a thread to say that.

Someone's having a bad day.......

Honored Contributor

no lunch hr. for the mods.............Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Because zoo animals are captive and visitors are free to come and go, I would like those attending to sign a release upon entering accepting responsibility for any risk to themselves acknowledging that the animals' welfare comes first?

While attempts would be made to rescue a visitor,  as long as the animal remains in his enclosure,  he would not be harmed.

Just to clearify....You are saying that if for any reason a person finds themselves in an enclosue with a wild animal they can be killed by the animal and the staff will not stop it from happening?

What is it was a maintenance worker or a staff member?  Accidents do happen, no one should be expected to give there life because some feel that animals lives matter more.

Oh maybe we should ask the Gorilla what he thinks about that. Oh wait we can't because he is dead.

actually.............he couldn't have answered even if he was alive..........they can't talk..............................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Lets talk about state capitals, instead.

States-and-Capitals-List-BW-400w.jpg (400×518)

What do you think about the State Capital of Utah?

QVC Customer Care

Arguing, closed thread.  Cindy