Honored Contributor

Re: So tired of hearing about/ reading about that gorilla.

@151949 wrote:

It is done . It is over with. The end . The gorilla is dead. It seems to me that a lot of people need to get a life that involves people for them to interact with. Nature is cruel, animals eat other animals every day. Humans will go on and on about this poor animal while they sit there eating a ham sandwich or a hamburger. IMO - the carrying on about this is very immature. 

I think we all can learn a lesson in humility here. The animal kingdom looks to man to often protect them especially when they reside in a zoo.

I respect the feelings of others on this issue. No one needs to shut down conversation about what happened. Many posters here are upset by it. If the moderators leave the thread up, nobody needs to participate on it if they find talking about this very sad subject is aggravating.

Respected Contributor

then don't read.

I think everyone has an opinion, just that, no right , no wrong.

just conversation. 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It is done . It is over with. The end . The gorilla is dead. It seems to me that a lot of people need to get a life that involves people for them to interact with. Nature is cruel, animals eat other animals every day. Humans will go on and on about this poor animal while they sit there eating a ham sandwich or a hamburger. IMO - the carrying on about this is very immature. 

I can see your point.........kinda sorta.............and although I might not agree with others or see their focused interest on some things.........I would never want to see them silienced...........same with you

I do agree with one point...........what's done is done...........no point hashing that back and forth...........it's not constructive..........it's not productive............I'd rather see the discussion go towards ways of enforcing zoo enclosures be made more safe, not only for the public but ultimately for the animals.......................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

Wouldn't your time be better spent confronting whomever is twisting your arm and forcing you to read/listen instead of posting on a board where enough people want to hear/read/post about the gorilla and can do nothing about your personal situation?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I think Cecil the lion was longer

Respected Contributor

It seems so many want to save the gorilla at all costs. Would you rather the child died? I find human life more improtant.

Respected Contributor

It's become increasingly clear to me that the OP is nothing but the usual garden-variety internet troll.  I will admit I've tried to reason with her (?) on many occasions, but the fact of the matter is it's impossible to reason with a troll. The sole purpose of this type of entity is to create chaos and that she (?) does masterfully.

I don't know if anything she (?) says is true. I don't know if she's (?) male or female. I'll never know, but one thing I'm certain of is that from now on I'll take everything OP posts with a BIG grain of salt and just have fun with it. I'll object to the overtly rude things, but otherwise, it's just entertainment.

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

Some people just can't let go of things. 

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Was it a teenage gorilla?

LOL!

Another day. Another baiting thread.

I'll give the OP credit for one thing, though.  She never runs out of material!

And she keeps getting "bites".

Respected Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

It's become increasingly clear to me that the OP is nothing but the usual garden-variety internet troll.  I will admit I've tried to reason with her (?) on many occasions, but the fact of the matter is it's impossible to reason with a troll. The sole purpose of this type of entity is to create chaos and that she (?) does masterfully.

I don't know if anything she (?) says is true. I don't know if she's (?) male or female. I'll never know, but one thing I'm certain of is that from now on I'll take everything OP posts with a BIG grain of salt and just have fun with it. I'll object to the overtly rude things, but otherwise, it's just entertainment.

NO ONE can take you where you don't willingly go...........you have to take some of the responsibility................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo