Trusted Contributor

Re: So this is supposed to help me sleep? lol!

I stumbled across one of those on YouTube a couple of days ago! I had never heard of it either, something with some guy talking and rain falling or something like that-Smiley Happy I don't really have any advice, but am wishing you sleeeeep.....

Honored Contributor

PQfan....I just listened to the youtube vid that you posted ( and for those who watch it, be sure to stay till the end).....absolutely brilliant....on so many levels.

@Pqfan wrote:

I have insomnia.

I saw some videos that are supposed to calm you called ASMR

They are all over Youtube.

I am cracking up watching this!

It woke me up even more.

I am looking for an escape route as we speak! Smiley Very Happy

Some people in the comments said they felt like they have been kidnapped lol!

https://youtu.be/Imc9cbEFlK4

Esteemed Contributor

I have no problem falling asleep while watching tv but once I turn it off I am awake so I turn the radio on to a talk radio station and it seems to work. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

PQfan....I just listened to the youtube vid that you posted ( and for those who watch it, be sure to stay till the end).....absolutely brilliant....on so many levels.

@Pqfan wrote:

I have insomnia.

I saw some videos that are supposed to calm you called ASMR

They are all over Youtube.

I am cracking up watching this!

It woke me up even more.

I am looking for an escape route as we speak! Smiley Very Happy

Some people in the comments said they felt like they have been kidnapped lol!

https://youtu.be/Imc9cbEFlK4

@phoenixbrd Yes I know right?!

I wasn't expecting that ending!Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

If I'm having trouble sleeping, which is rare, I find a monotonous online game helps .... like solitaire or scrabble.  Puts me out in about 15-20 minutes.

Trusted Contributor

Qvc at night is my ambien.

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

@makeup addict wrote:

Okay that's bad!  I th8nk you beat me: I applied lip gloss as eyeshadow and went to work!!!  Lol. 

how are things with the guy going? 

@makeup addict Oh no lol!Smiley Very Happy

Things are "okay" but I think there is someone I like better.

I don't regret going out with him because it helped me get over my dating phobia.

He is nice but he has a big ego and I don't like that.

I have no intention of becoming part of his "fan club".Smiley Frustrated

The new one has such beautiful green eyes I can barely look at him.Smiley Embarassed

I will just look down at his shoes or something lol

The main thing is I am not scared to go out anymore and I don't get emotionally invested unless I have a valid reason.

@Pqfan have I told you lately how much I love you . . . I am so, so happy for you . . . now go look that gorgeous guy in his green eyes and flirt away!  Smiley Happy

I have a terrible time with sleep myself (I sleep with the TV on) but make sure you have it turned to a channel you have no interest in as if there is something even remotely interesting I find myself sleeping with one eye open . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I fall asleep with all lights off, no tv and I wear earplugs. Plus I turn on my electric mattress pad fifteen minutes before I climb into bed and that way I don't get cold-shocked into waking up when I get in.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

@makeup addict wrote:

Okay that's bad!  I th8nk you beat me: I applied lip gloss as eyeshadow and went to work!!!  Lol. 

how are things with the guy going? 

@makeup addict Oh no lol!Smiley Very Happy

Things are "okay" but I think there is someone I like better.

I don't regret going out with him because it helped me get over my dating phobia.

He is nice but he has a big ego and I don't like that.

I have no intention of becoming part of his "fan club".Smiley Frustrated

The new one has such beautiful green eyes I can barely look at him.Smiley Embarassed

I will just look down at his shoes or something lol

The main thing is I am not scared to go out anymore and I don't get emotionally invested unless I have a valid reason.

@Pqfan have I told you lately how much I love you . . . I am so, so happy for you . . . now go look that gorgeous guy in his green eyes and flirt away!  Smiley Happy

I have a terrible time with sleep myself (I sleep with the TV on) but make sure you have it turned to a channel you have no interest in as if there is something even remotely interesting I find myself sleeping with one eye open . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe Aww thanks!Smiley Very Happy

If I leave the tv on I have to leave it on something "happy" like QVC because if I leave it on the news I think I might get hypnotized and turn myself in for a crime I didn't commit lol!

As for Mr Green eyes I have a plan I am going to make him wear sunglasses all the time!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

AMSR and Binaural videos/audios creep me out. I don't ever get the response they talk about, I get freaked out because someone is acting super creepy. That guy definitely ups the creepy factor. Here are some more normal (but still creepy to me) videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_td4YZNDAkY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaC12eQ0udg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg0vccgmNp8&t=1043s