Regular Contributor

So Over Celebrities in General....

I am really so over hearing about celebrities - what they are doing,buying and saying about politics. I know some will tell me not to pay attention - but celebrity stories are everywhere. Furthermore, I am tired of celebrity women posting pictures of themselves and selling beauty items. I think they should have to  post a makeup free photo with their items.  I am not jealous - I am just tired of the fraud they pull on the public! 

They also want to tell us their opinions on everything - from immigration to religion. Who cares - they do not live in the "real world" like the rest of us. They tell us what to think and then they disappear behind their walls and into their mansions! 

Respected Contributor

Re: So Over Celebrities in General....

@ChancesMom   this is my thing. i used to really enjoy looking at TMZ every morning.  most of the time, i don't know most of the people they are talking about. I think rappers, and basketball players are the celeb de jour.  anyway, you hear about this guy Nipsy Hustle??  never heard of him. shot in a drive by, and they are having a huge outpouring of love at the staples center. 

The staples center!!  had to have a ticket and everything. and it was to be heavily guarded as they thought that there could be violence.

Now i'm not saying that anyone deserves to be gunned down, but it seems that there have been lots of violence, robbery, debauchery in general with the whole lot. 

i guess i just don't see the attraction to the "thug life" and bad choices.  SMH

Esteemed Contributor

@ChancesMom I just ignore them. They have nothing to do with my life.

Honored Contributor

@ChancesMom, this is not really a criticism, but it truly is easy to avoid. I very rarely open such threads (same with Royalty), I don't read tabloids, I don't watch tabloid-ish shows, and none of the people I know talk about them unless they make the front page as criminals.

In fact, with few exceptions, I don't even recognize the names.

Don't let something that are capable of avoiding stress you at all. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Just because of their method of living doesn’t mean they give up their rights as a human being and American citizen (assume we’re discussing Americans) 

Im sick of politics and people who have different political opinions than I do. Sick of it! But.... they are allowed. It is America after all. One person doesn’t have more rights than another. And everyone is entitled to their opinion. At least I hope so.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think people like to live out their fantasies through these celebs and will defend much of what they think and do.IMO the very rich and famous in general are most times given a free pass on just about anything. I personally have never been an idol worshipper, especially at the altar of actors and musicians.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@ChancesMom   this is my thing. i used to really enjoy looking at TMZ every morning.  most of the time, i don't know most of the people they are talking about. I think rappers, and basketball players are the celeb de jour.  anyway, you hear about this guy Nipsy Hustle??  never heard of him. shot in a drive by, and they are having a huge outpouring of love at the staples center. 

The staples center!!  had to have a ticket and everything. and it was to be heavily guarded as they thought that there could be violence.

Now i'm not saying that anyone deserves to be gunned down, but it seems that there have been lots of violence, robbery, debauchery in general with the whole lot. 

i guess i just don't see the attraction to the "thug life" and bad choices.  SMH

@kittyloo, turns out that he was a straight-arrow guy at this point in his life. He was well-known in the area he lived. And he did so much for the people there. His effect can not be over-emphasized. He truly was beloved. He gave the people there, especially the children, much needed hope.

Please don't connect him at all with thugs. Leave that for the guy who gunned him down in broad daylight.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy celebrities that have a talent that I admire.

As far as whether they have opinions about the world, they are just like the rest of us.  We all do.

Sometimes they wield influence because they have it. It just is.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@ChancesMom You know, we all sit and think, "Am I the only one who feels like (you and other's mentioned).  But then when you talk to others and read posts like you guys, I realize it's not just me...thank you.

I also used to love TMZ.  I still DVR the show but now I fast forward over much of it for the same reason you guys mentioned.

Same thing with the news.  I'm so over all of it anymore.  I do DVR "Daily Mail" and so far they've kept most of what you mentioned out of it.  It's not too bad but every now and then they throw something in it.  That's when I hit my fast forward.

I recommend you might want to look at Daily Mail.  It's a variety of news, fast moving and not too bad.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think people like to live out their fantasies through these celebs and will defend much of what they think and do.IMO the very rich and famous in general are most times given a free pass on just about anything. I personally have never been an idol worshipper, especially at the alter of actors and musicians.

Nor do I idolize them, @blackhole99 . But they have the right to speak. I bet both you and I agree with some of them. :-)