Honored Contributor

Re: So Over Celebrities in General....

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think people like to live out their fantasies through these celebs and will defend much of what they think and do.IMO the very rich and famous in general are most times given a free pass on just about anything. I personally have never been an idol worshipper, especially at the alter of actors and musicians.

Nor do I idolize them, @blackhole99 . But they have the right to speak. I bet both you and I agree with some of them. :                                                                                                                                                                                                                 @suzyQ3  I'm not saying they don't have a right to speak their minds, but evidently at least the OP is sick of hearing from them. After all they do have the stage and unless we want to turn off the TV we are subjected to their views no matter if we agree with them or not.

I adamantly disagree with this, @blackhole99 . I watch what I want to watch on TV, and virtually none of it involves stuff about celebrities.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I don't pay any attention to any of them. I don't care what they are or aren't doing. To me they are no different than anyone else. They have a job and they get paid for it. If I buy a ticket for example to a movie or a concert then I expect them to do their job and entertain me. I don't care what their political views are and I don't feel like theirs are more important than my next door neighbors. Yes I do believe they are entitled to their opinions just like myself and everyone else. However they have no influence on mine at all.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think people like to live out their fantasies through these celebs and will defend much of what they think and do.IMO the very rich and famous in general are most times given a free pass on just about anything. I personally have never been an idol worshipper, especially at the alter of actors and musicians.

Nor do I idolize them, @blackhole99 . But they have the right to speak. I bet both you and I agree with some of them. :                                                                                                                                                                                                                 @suzyQ3  I'm not saying they don't have a right to speak their minds, but evidently at least the OP is sick of hearing from them. After all they do have the stage and unless we want to turn off the TV we are subjected to their views no matter if we agree with them or not.

I adamantly disagree with this, @blackhole99 . I watch what I want to watch on TV, and virtually none of it involves stuff about celebrities.

@suzyQ3Good for you.

Honored Contributor

Celebrities have chosen a lifestyle which requires them to be in the public eye, to be talented & interesting.    There's a lot of competition so some of them are quite outrageous.    So glad I never had to live that way, it's exhausting.

I have no idea who's who or the newest & greatest.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@suzyQ3Good for you.

I infer that you're being sarcastic, and I have no idea why. @blackhole99. I'm not suggesting that it's wrong to watch or read about celebrities; I'm saying that if one doesn't want to hear about them, it's not difficult.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Yes, and the minister doing the eulogy called him Nipsy Russell....the late comedian......smh
Honored Contributor

D93F84EE-5C07-450E-8ECC-3CE12F2D1F53.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I have always enjoyed movies and many TV shows.  There were and are numerous actors and actresses who entertain and are talented.  They bring us laughter, drama and escape from the stress of daily life. I am not sick of them because they have always been visible and popular as that is their career.  I am not involved in their personal lives as far as reading about them or following their views.  They are entitled just as we all are.and if they do so in a professional and sincere manner, what's the harm.  No one has to follow their lead because they are celebrities.

So many celebrities donate to charitable organizations, all different causes.  Yes, they have the money to do so but they help others and so many are animal advocates. I respect that and am glad they do have the means to give and be charitable.  I am too but can only donate what I can afford.  It's all good!

I'm sure over the years the publicity for the celebrities has been a part of their careers, the more they are in the public's eye, they are known and have followings.  

In my opinion there are far more people  who who should not be saying anything than celebrities.

Respected Contributor

Celebrities have First Amendment rights, too.  Have to admit, I do take note of those I agree with and those I don't.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Yes, and the minister doing the eulogy called him Nipsy Russell....the late comedian......smh

Easy goof given the name. Not sure why it's a "smh."