Esteemed Contributor

Some things that disgust me -- social injustice, domestic violence, child abuse, overpaid athletes and underpaid teachers, but smokers?  Not so much.  I quit 12 years ago, but the craving never goes away.  

Respected Contributor

I quit smoking a year ago. I do not feel any better than before. I was not a slob. People say we are disgusting......

I WAS AN ADDICT, I STILL AM AN ADDICT! I want one every single day. This is incredibly difficult, short tempered, over eating, depressed.

We are SORRY we smoke, we know we are disgusting to all 😢😢😢. Just wanting to vent. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

How much is a pack of cigarettes now?   

Around here, around $6 to 7$ for premium brands.

That's a lot of money - 2 packs a day is about $100 a week 

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Some things that disgust me -- social injustice, domestic violence, child abuse, overpaid athletes and underpaid teachers, but smokers?  Not so much.  I quit 12 years ago, but the craving never goes away.  

@Citrine1

Girl, I'm RIGHT there with you! I quit one year ago, great that you've made it 12 years. HUGS

Honored Contributor

I was a smoker for 40+ years. It took me two weeks to quit with Chantix and I never went back. happy dance.gif

Trusted Contributor

I just googled it, and they're up to $13 in NYC!  If you smoke a pack a day, which most average smokers do, that's like $400/month!  I'd pay someone that much to chain me to the toilet for two weeks while feeding me 3 meals a day in order to kick the habit.

Contributor

@faeriemoon.    No pity for addicted smokers, but I suppose you feel bad for alcoholics or drug addicts.

Esteemed Contributor

I felt bad reading your post @Mustang Shar. I'm sorry you are still going through those feelings of being depressed, overeating, etc.  Please don't get discouraged.  Having made it a year is something you should be so proud of.  The worst is behind you!  And, even though I mentioned I still get cravings after 12 years, believe me they are not that frequent.  It really does get easier as time goes by.  I applaud your determination to not smoke.  Quitting, for me, was the absolute hardest thing I ever did.  

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1

Thank you! It was THE hardest thing for me also. It was easier to control my glucose but now, my numbers are just bad. I wonder, what good did it do me? Yes I'm saving about $390 a month. I bought a very expensive car so I can never go back to smoking.

I know....it's one heck of an accomplishment but you get it...you know what I'm saying. 

My pups brighten my on my day and make me smile. And I don't smell....😃  They get me through this. xx

IMG_0390.JPG

Honored Contributor

I have never smoked and for several years I didn't have an ounce of sympathy for smokers but I didn't understand cigarettes addictive nature. Like @suzyQ3 I lost both parents to smoking, my father when I was 16 to lung cancer and my mother to heart disease.

Sometimes I still find myself mad with them because they left too soon, I wish my father had got to see his grandchildren. 

Praying for everyone who still fight the urge to light up.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson