Super Contributor

Small Holes in Clothes Caused by Washing Machine ------Help!

I am livid. My washing machine has ruined yet another item of clothing. Tiny holes appear in our clothes after being washed. I'll bet that this machine has ruined at least 6-7 pieces of clothing in the last couple of weeks alone. Many of these items are brand new. It seems to put these holes into T-shirts and cotton shirts more often than any other item of clothing, however it has ruined two pairs of jeans also. I can't stand it anymore. By the way, I have a Whirlpool Cabrio top loading Energy Efficient machine. It is about 2 years old, and it has been nothing but trouble since the day it was purchased. The repairman has been to my house too many times to count because strange codes randomly appear, causing the machine to fail to work. The repairman told me the other day that he works on this model more often than any other Whirpool item. He confirmed that a major complaint is the holes in the clothes.

The machine cost quite a bit and is still very new, so I hate to get rid of it. After my continuous complaining, my DH agreed that I should buy another washing machine after selling this one in the paper. It will be hard for me to sell this to someone knowing what is in store for them. I don't even know what to say if someone asks why I am selling.

Anyway, I have done some research and found that many, many customers are complaining about holes in a variety of HE models and brands. The hole making seems to be a huge problem among so many different machines. My question is ----Do any of you have a washing machine that you have bought in the last year or so that does not cause holes in your clothes. I would love to know the names of some washing machines that you girls really like.

Thanks in advance for the info.