Honored Contributor

Re: Slow Forum Response

[ Edited ]

@jubilant  If the problem you're referring to is long lag times between hitting post and seeing your post show up, t's not a given this is unique to you. This has long been an intermittent problem that several posters have experienced... Understandably, it's hard to know when a glitch is system wide or unique to one's own device, but more times than not it seems, if it involves this site, it's not just you... I've not encountered other sites where the user experience can vary so far and wide as it does with this one... Incidentally, it the situation I described above is happening to you, chances are your post has already appeared while the system seems to be struggling to close the process... I've often gone back to the page rather than wait and wait and wait for the process to clear and my post is, in fact, there... All that said, the lag for me is not every time I post nor every day, but is more of an intermittent thing... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@wilma wrote:

It can be frustrating. 

I’ve experienced difficulty “hearting” posts and checking my notifications.

But...the thing that drives me really crazy is the length of time it takes to add photos to posts. I have a fast home network so it’s not me. It’s the poor tech system at the Q. Very, very, very slow. Sometimes, it times me out before the photo posts, and I have to start over. Grr.

@wilma 

Yep, the delay in photo posting is frustrating...but I wonder if their system scans them for viruses or malware before it gets posted....

@Spurt  No idea, but this is relatively recent. It wasn't always as painfully slow as it is now... It might have taken a minute or so, but now you could read a chapter while waiting for pictures to load so you can post them...

@stevieb 

I can handle a household chore, start lunch or dinner (since I'm working from home).....and still have some time left before the photo can post.... 😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@jubilant@jubilant  If the problem you're referring to is long lag times between hitting post and seeing your post show up, t's not a given this is unique to you. This has long been an intermittent problem that several posters have experienced... Understandably, it's hard to know when a glitch is system wide or unique to one's own device, but more times than not it seems, if it involves this site, it's not just you... I've not encountered other sites where the user experience can vary so far and wide as it does with this one... Incidentally, it the situation I described above is happening to you, chances are your post has already appeared while the system seems to be struggling to close the process... I've often gone back to the page rather than wait and wait and wait for the process to clear and my post is, in fact, there... All that said, the lag for me is not every time I post nor every day, but is more of an intermittent thing... 

@stevieb 

Same here Stevie....its hit or miss.....sometimes I have to wait while its in process, yet it's already posted....curious🤷‍♀️

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@jubilant, I get the same issues.  Sometimes I can't get on for hours.  Sometimes I'll see that I have notifications but when I click on it, it says I don't have any.  Click again and notifications pop up.

Content is something I can't control and I'm realizing more and more how extreme and bullish people can be on here.  The best I can do is control my curiosity as to what certain posters will say about certain topics by not reading them. 

This has almost become routine for me too...

And it appears to be getting worse and worse...

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  Pretty clearly there are enough glitches experienced by enough folks that they bear looking at. Maybe they have been and they simply don't know what to do or the fix is outside their pay grade or too costly or whatever, but I've long held that a little communication along the way never hurts. Even if they simply said 'hey folks, that's the way it is'. They'd save us the time it takes to post about it and themselves the angst of hearing about it. What I find, though, more often than not, is that they're often unaware of some of the problems and the moderators actually have to inform the IT staff of what we (and sometimes they) are experiencing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb 

Thanks for your response. Things make more  sense to me now. I'm just "ok" on my computer and kept thinking my biggest problem didn't seem exactly like anyone elses. Your response helped me so much.

I just got on my computer a few minutes ago...opened up the forums and hit Community.  I counted 60 seconds before community came up!  I do wish QVC would let us know the why's and wherefore's.  I'm not the brightest bulb on the block when it comes to computers.  I'm pretty much self taught with a little help from grandkids. Every new thing I learn doesn't come easy.  I tend to blame my computer for everything!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I just now read all the rest of the posts. I tend to think everything that goes wrong on  my computer is something I'm doing wrong. While I've been at it a long time....it's still always a puzzle to me and you wouldn't believe the hours I have spent trying to figure things out over the years.  I really appreciate hearing from everyone. This is a challenging week for me in many ways and every little thing helps!