Esteemed Contributor
On 1/7/2015 september said: Sophiamarie......I got it and had to laugh! But I disagree, because I think plogamy is illegal everywhere!

Well then, we'll have to agree to disagree - but at least we can still be friends, right????{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor
We can still be friends....but I'm never going to get involved in any of that questionable stuff.
Honored Contributor
On 1/7/2015 september said: Sophiamarie......I got it and had to laugh! But I disagree, because I think plogamy is illegal everywhere!

We'll all just keep plogging along, until they change the laws I suppose. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor
On 1/7/2015 Peaches McPhee said:
On 1/7/2015 sophiamarie said:
On 1/6/2015 september said: SStar..I think the word you were trying to use is polygamy. Now that you know how to spell it, why don't you google it..and you'll learn that is is NOT legal in Utah.

I believe plogomy is legal in Utah and if it isn't, it should be. Wink

It is not legal. That is why they left Utah and moved to Nevada -- Utah was reportedly going to prosecute them for polygamy.

(Why, yes, I do watch this show!)

I've always felt the prosecution/persecution story was one manufactured for a TLC storyline bc supposedly Kody has always wanted to go to Vegas. Legal or illegal - unlike FLDS that they tried to prosecute, the Browns were not handing underage daughters off to old men to "marry", their underage daughters weren't bearing children, the "wives" all had said they grew up in polygamous homes with multiple sister wives/mothers and wanted to be there and this family is more mainstream and can come and go as they please. Lastly, all the kids were going to school and getting educated.

They already tried to prosecute the FLDS bunch and pretty much failed and if you couldn't prosecute that bunch, they'd never be able to win in court with this family and guessing Utah knows that and wouldn't waste money knowing they'd probably lose in court.