Esteemed Contributor

The new season starts tonight. I notice that Meri has gained an awful lot of weight. She is almost as large as Janelle was but I think Janelle has lost some.

Somehow, I am addicted to this show but I don't know why. The women are lazy, none of them work and they all live large in lovely homes. OTOH, on "My Five Wives" - the wives all work, seem to be well educated and they get along much better than Cody's wives.

I don't have a favorite but I am drawn to these shows.

Anyone else??????{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched very many episodes, but I can see how they would be addicting.

I saw the promo for the new season and it's pretty funny how they try to 'drama' it up. The last bit where Kody says (something like) 'there's going to be another female in the household', then they start to open the door and it cuts.

Ha! I'll bet it's like they are getting a dog or maybe somebody is going to work for them or something.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL - I'm thinking it's probably a MIL, someone's sister, or maybe one of the kids home from school.... Of course, we know there is not going to be another wife. They always do this to us in the promos. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I never thought about a dog, although maybe they should have one - but then again, which wife would it live with???? Maybe a dog for each wife????? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor
How can they be lazy with all those kids to care for,lol.....I have not watched in a while,does it come on Sundays?
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/4/2015 Jannabelle said: How can they be lazy with all those kids to care for,lol.....I have not watched in a while,does it come on Sundays?

The new season starts tonight. Today is the all-day Marathon. It's on TLC......{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor
On 1/4/2015 sophiamarie said:

The new season starts tonight. I notice that Meri has gained an awful lot of weight. She is almost as large as Janelle was but I think Janelle has lost some.

Somehow, I am addicted to this show but I don't know why. The women are lazy, none of them work and they all live large in lovely homes. OTOH, on "My Five Wives" - the wives all work, seem to be well educated and they get along much better than Cody's wives.

None of them work? That's just not true. I believe both Meri and Janelle have jobs outside of the home, they have their own jewelry business that they run not to mention a gaggle of kids to raise, homes, laundry, cooking.... They aren't lazy at all.

Valued Contributor
On 1/4/2015 Jannabelle said: How can they be lazy with all those kids to care for,lol.....I have not watched in a while,does it come on Sundays?

The new season starts tonight. Today is the all-day Marathon. It's on TLC......{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Thanks, Sophiamarie.! : )
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/4/2015 SnowPink said:

None of them work? That's just not true. I believe both Meri and Janelle have jobs outside of the home, they have their own jewelry business that they run not to mention a gaggle of kids to raise, homes, laundry, cooking.... They aren't lazy at all.

I'm sure they're making a fortune from that jewelry business. NOT!!!!

Didn't most of us have a home, laundry and cooking (not to mention "kids") and were still able to work?

I don't mean to start anything here. That's for another thread. I still don't think they have "real" jobs. They are getting paid from TLC, probably close to $100,000 per episode and I read that they are getting state aid for the kids too. Surely, Robyn was before she met Cody (and they're not legally married so wouldn't she be entitled to it????)

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/4/2015 Jannabelle said:

Thanks, Sophiamarie.! : )

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I used to pooh-pooh this series UNTIL my sister got me hooked on it last year LOL.

I read somewhere that 2 of the girls are either on college vacation or graduated. Likely it's one of them coming home for awhile for forever!

I thought their presentation of their ""business plan"" for the potential business partners was so ill-done and pitiful. Just my opinion.