Esteemed Contributor

I just extended my Sirius X M subscription by 13 mtns by calling them when I saw a new annual 4.99 a mth.  I already had a Sirius subscription on this car, due to expire in Dec 2019 but I called and had them transfer to new subscription (at same price) that doesn't expire until Sept 2020.  We frequently make 1000 rt travel and I need my Sirius.  Btw, the first gal (at overseas call center wouldn't give me the deal but when I kicked it up to her supervisor and he said "yes" immediately.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
We negotiate every year. They should just give us loyal customers (and we've been with them for more than 10 years) the best deal rather than making us negotiate.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

I do this all the time for Sirius and Cable service.  If you call in and say you are going to cancel they will negotiate and give you a deal.

Honored Contributor

The negotiating works for us with Sirus but cable will not budge.

Frequent Contributor

I've been able to negotiate with DishNetwork and Comcast for internet service.

Respected Contributor

I’m unlucky I guess. Cable wouldn’t budge.  Threats to cancel, nothing.  Had trouble my remote kept unpairing.  They offered me a new plan, saving a whopping $8 a month.  Sirius, wouldn’t budge, called three times, and finally offered me a “mostly music” plan @ 160 a year instead of everything for $238 or so.   But I don’t listen to the sports or talk shows so it’s better than nothing.  Btw, the cable is Comcast/xfinity.  Wonder why Sirius negotiations works for some and not others?  Do you cancel and then sign up again?  My dad changes cable almost yearly.  I don’t have the patience for that.....my choice.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I too call in for a reduction of my Sirius.  And....Direct TV.....out of control but if you call the orient and talk to different people for almost 2 hours.....you too can get a $50 a monthly discount on your Direct TV.  Apparently this is the new wave of the future - disgusting business practices - oh well, what can you do?