Esteemed Contributor

It's a game to them.  They should just offer their best deal and stop making us threaten to leave. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

Way back when I had XM radio.  I had a pretty long commute and loved the old time radio shows.  I forget what I paid yearly, but I know it was nowhere near what they want today.  And, it was commercial free.  My husband recently bought a new car and got six months of Sirrius for free.  When it was time to re-up he declined.  Now there are commercials and he said it's just not worth what they want.  When Sirrius took over XM they dropped the old time radio shows so I had absolutely no interest.

@Its Me LuLuBelle2, just letting you know that the old time radio channel is still part of the SiriusXM basic package. It's one of the main reasons I subscribe to SiriusXM. I love the mystery shows, comedies, suspende, scifi....

It's called Radio Classics on channel 148, IIRC.

Honored Contributor

You should call them and threaten to cancel - and be prepared to actually do so if the negotiations are unsuccessful.  Don't worry though.  After you cancel, they'll come back to you in a month or two with a much more palatable offer.  And, if you still don't like it, they'll keep coming back to you for months and years.

Trusted Contributor

I'm paying $18.99 per month.  I have the music channels, news, comedy channels.  I just looked at my subscription and it expires in 5 days.  I'm going to see if I can get any of these special pricing offers ... 

I've had Sirius for about a few years.  I just can't go back to regular radio ... Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

They were very smart to partner with car manufacturers.

I really tried not to use my 3 month trial because I knew I wouldn't be able to give it up.  I travel a lot for work and most of the rental cars have it, so that is sometimes the best part of my trip.

I ended up breaking down about 30 days in and used the trial but let it go at the end.

I had to take a car trip a few months later and the first thing I did when I returned was subscribe.  The ride there was not bad, but the ride home was painful.

I'm not solidly hooked.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

We have Sirius Select and after the usual back and forth it is $99.00 a year + taxes and fees.   All I listen to is some of the Sports and  News channels but it's worth it to me.   DH only listens to news.  Still worth it.   

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   This is interesting.  You pay by check.  I've always be told you have to have a credit card and they renew the account automatically.  Maybe a good idea to tell them you don't have a credit card.

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Well, I just called to renew as our subscription ends in Febuary.  They send me a bill in the mail as I pay by check.   I had to go through the rigamaroll bla bla bla.... ended up paying almost the same as last year... $18 more... no big deal.  I could hardly hear the CS person...and her accent was so bad I only caught every 5th word she spoke. 

Last year I spoke with someone who could at least  speak clear English and I was much easier. I wonder if I was speaking to someone in India this time......

At least I do not have to do this again for another year.....

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd   They only want a credit card to charge you automatically each year  w;hen your subscription comes up for renewel...  and of course they charge you too much....

I told them I only pay my bills by check.... and that was that.  Of course they let me.... you just have to be stern and tell them that is just how it is.  

Honored Contributor

I consider these kinds of things as luxuries......  It certainly wasn't available when my 21 year old car was made.  Glad I don't have it.  Don't drive that much any more, and it would be a waste of my money.  

My sister got it in her Lincoln when she bought it about 2 years ago.  She loves it.....but she can afford stuff like that.  She only uses her car to drive around locally.  

Regular Contributor

We have 2 - house & car. DH calls them a few times a year and renegotiates the deal.

We used to have 4 - 2 cars, a camper and home, but one car & camper are gone now.