Honored Contributor

I love Siruis.  I listen to the news channels while commuting and holiday music on the weekends.  I want to say it is around $20/month.  It's a very good price IMO for what we get, which is a ton of channels, and the ability to stream through their app and/or the Beats Pill at home.  (we used to pay $7/month during the intro period).

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

I consider these kinds of things as luxuries......  It certainly wasn't available when my 21 year old car was made.  Glad I don't have it.  Don't drive that much any more, and it would be a waste of my money.  

My sister got it in her Lincoln when she bought it about 2 years ago.  She loves it.....but she can afford stuff like that.  She only uses her car to drive around locally.  

@ShowMe   personally I would not want it at all myself either...

My Husband wants it in his 2016 car as it came with it.  OF COURSE I AM THE ONE WHO HAS TO CALL THEM AND NEGOTIATE, as DH would just pay the ridiculous fee that they would tell him is due.. He can be very clueless..... I assume on purpose.....Woman LOL

My car is a 2000 van... no bells or whistles just the way I like it  LOL!.     

Trusted Contributor

Siriux is as bad as a Cable company.  You have to call them before your trial or subscription period ends or you will be charged an arm and a leg.

I just called and got one year for $5 per month - paid in full instead of monthly.  They were trying to increase it to close to $20 per month which I think is crazy for what you get.

You are smart to ask the forums for advice before you call.  Also check to see what the specials they are offering on the sirius website as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I currently have a one year Sirius subscription, due to expire in August 2019.  Today I got an offer from them to reactivate an inactive radio by Dec 31 for $60 a year (I sold that car and transferred my one lifetime sub ($300 in 2006!!!).  I called them and negotiated an extension on current $60 sub until Dec 21 2019 (cost only an additional $23 to extend it).  Pulled out the age card (75, on a fixed income, can't even afford HBO...whatever works!