Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@sunala hard to believe but I am not on Facebook...don't think it is a safe place.

I'm not either @dex

Honored Contributor

I would never post on fb, I think no matter how restrictive the rules and mods are here, it's still a safe place if you don't give out your real name or where abouts. I am concerned as to where this forum is going though. There are a few areas on this board where you cannot disagree or voice an opinion about of all things, fashion. I think the CEO of QVC needs to see for himself what is going on on these boards. Maybe a personal letter to him about such concerns would be in order,at least you wouldn't have to worry about it being deleted.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I would never post on fb, I think no matter how restrictive the rules and mods are here, it's still a safe place if you don't give out your real name or where abouts. I am concerned as to where this forum is going though. There are a few areas on this board where you cannot disagree or voice an opinion about of all things, fashion. I think the CEO of QVC needs to see for himself what is going on on these boards. Maybe a personal letter to him about such concerns would be in order,at least you wouldn't have to worry about it being deleted.

Be careful what you wish for. I don’t think these forums are so valuable to QVC that they would never shut them down. If corporate had a clear idea of what a muck-fest these forums are on a daily basis they would be so disgusted...

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@sunala hard to believe but I am not on Facebook...don't think it is a safe place.

I'm not either @dex

Nor am I.

Honored Contributor

Y'all take this place in an over the top serious manner.

I see some great posts and some that have me scratching my head but I don't consider this forum a "muck fest".

Read what you like and leave the rest.  It isn't the end of the world.

Contacting the CEO?  Seriously?  Didn't we have that  years ago with poor Inez in Corporate?

LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Y'all take this place in an over the top serious manner.

I see some great posts and some that have me scratching my head but I don't consider this forum a "muck fest".

Read what you like and leave the rest.  It isn't the end of the world.

Contacting the CEO?  Seriously?  Didn't we have that  years ago with poor Inez in Corporate?

LOL

@Cakers3

I'd forgotten that.  I hope I forget it again, soon 😯

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I wonder where you can go to talk about current events online. 

Have you tried reddit or city-data.com? They pretty much let you discuss what you want. They just want you to be respectful of other people's opinions...even though you may not agree with it. Not too much to ask.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@dex wrote:

I'm not either @dex

Nor am I.

Nor am I.   Hard to believe, but most people signed up for FB and never bothered to read the Terms of Usage.  They'd be really shocked if they knew what they agreed to!  

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@dex wrote:

I wonder where you can go to talk about current events online. 

Have you tried reddit or city-data.com? They pretty much let you discuss what you want. They just want you to be respectful of other people's opinions...even though you may not agree with it. Not too much to ask.

If people can’t be respectful of others’ opinions on the QVC forums, I would assume they can’t be respectful on any forum. 

Some are looking for forums where they don’t have to be respectful - free-for-all forums; there are plenty of those too, full of 45 year olds in mama’s basement spouting effluvia 24/7.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Shuting down threads

[ Edited ]

There are lots of comments and replies I would like to make but since I think I am in a minority here, the attackers are waiting to pounce; and have previously. I am not thin-skinned, just cannot have a differing opinion without a snark.  So I practice what my parents taught me, "think before you speak"...and I generally just keep my mouth shut since there will not be a discussion or "agree to disagree", instead there is nastiness, snarkiness and attacks.  No thanks, not worth my time and energy......