Honored Contributor

I just came in from shoveling, and I'm over it. I can't believe I used to actually enjoy it. Now t takes so long, because I take breaks. Sorry about the whining, but I'm going to put my feet up and have some cocoa.  ☕️ I had someone in place to take care of the snow, he was a no show. It gets harder and harder  to find folks to do it, and I pay well. Rant over, at least it is a sunny day. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1: If you can swing it, I highly recommend the Snow Joe Ion snow blower, item V350060. Available cheaper elsewhere. I have had it for about 4 years. Beats the heck out of shoveling! Easy to use, not the least bit intimidating. Worth the investment if you get more than a few snowfalls per year. 

I will be heading outside shortly to use mine.

Honored Contributor

At 75 my husband does very little shoveling and is outside now using the snow blower. We live in the woods and have a long lane that needs to be cleared before we can get out.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

@QVCkitty1: If you can swing it, I highly recommend the Snow Joe Ion snow blower, item V350060. Available cheaper elsewhere. I have had it for about 4 years. Beats the heck out of shoveling! Easy to use, not the least bit intimidating. Worth the investment if you get more than a few snowfalls per year. 

I will be heading outside shortly to use mine.

I truely hate machinery, and sold our big snow blower a few years ago. That Sno- Joe looks interesting, and It sounds like it would be light enough. Depending on others just doesn't work when the plows close up your driveway . LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: Shoveling 😡

[ Edited ]

I don't misss it for sure. This was me helping DH dig out from a blizzard in 1993.

These days I'm working in my gardens in southwest Florida.

Blizzard'93.jpg

Respected Contributor

I don't mind shoveling if it is not too deep and not too heavy.  Last week we had over 2 feet, and this did not qualify as "not too deep".

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1,

Take breaks! Don't over-do it. People get in trouble with this snow-shoveling thing. It's stressful on the heart, especially if you are not use to exercising in the cold temperature. Can be dangerous so take all the time you need . The snow is not going anywhere.

Honored Contributor

I shovelled yesterday and it went pretty quickly as the snow wasn't that really wet and heavy as lead kind that it sometimes is.  If I recall correctly, 2 winters ago the snow was pretty relentless and lots of it and I worked much harder.  Great exercise, though, as long as you don't have heart problems.

I am always surprised at how many people in the neighborhood don't even bother and leave their sidewalks and front walks covered, endangering those who have to deliver the mail and those who are just out walking.  It's the law here to clear your walkways, but no one seems to enforce it.

Honored Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

I don't misss it for sure. This was me helping DH dig out from a blizzard in 1993.

These days I'm working in my gardens in southwest Florida.

Blizzard'93.jpg

@StylishLady

You are stylish even whilst shovelling snow!

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I shovelled yesterday and it went pretty quickly as the snow wasn't that really wet and heavy as lead kind that it sometimes is.  If I recall correctly, 2 winters ago the snow was pretty relentless and lots of it and I worked much harder.  Great exercise, though, as long as you don't have heart problems.

I am always surprised at how many people in the neighborhood don't even bother and leave their sidewalks and front walks covered, endangering those who have to deliver the mail and those who are just out walking.  It's the law here to clear your walkways, but no one seems to enforce it.

I can't just leave it there, it would drive me crazy. We have an ordinance about clearing snow here also. Presumably, if you don't remove it , the village will and then bill you. I can't wait for the village.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan