Respected Contributor

Re: Should We Go to Boston with the Hurricane Coming?

@AlcottWilder 

Thank you for your thoughtful wishes.  We'll do the best possible to stay safe.  

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

If anyone didn't know better, you wouldn't believe that a hurricane is on the way. It's sunny, hot and a beautiful beach day.

I felt like that here today,as well.  It was a lovely day, but in the late afternoon, everyone in my neighborhood started putting all outdoor furnishings, pots, etc, into their garages. 

the calm before the storm?

Respected Contributor

@Enufstuff 

I wish all of you closer to the coast the best possible outcome with minimal damage & injuries.  I'm in Spfld. & I think most of the State is in the path except I think the Northern Bershires area.  

You know, sometimes in times such as this, is when we see people at their best .. pulling together & helping each other out when possible.  I hope this is the case during this storm as well.  Prayers for everyone.    

Respected Contributor

@sceniccoast  Thank you and I hope that your area is not badly hit and you stay safe. The most recent reports have downgraded the storm for us north of Boston. I hope that it does not cause a lot of damage elswhere.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple  and everyone in the path of the storm, please stay safe and, hopefully, the path will change a bit and not be so bad.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Remember that this too shall pass.

Stay strong!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Did they reschedule the wedding?

Honored Contributor

As a resident of the State, I strongly urge no travelling in Boston.  The flooding can be an issue in a very short period of time.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Enufstuff wrote:

I just had a horrible thought. What happens when poeple are stranded in deep water in their cars, and they have to escape through that water and power lines have come down into the water?

@Enufstuff  That's why they say to stay off the roads and stay home, they're not fooling. After a hurricane, I've seen sparking and dancing live wires on the roads that were brought down by fallen trees and high winds.

During S Florida hurricanes, first responders do not respond to any calls once winds reach 35 mph. They advise this in advance of the storm. They will not risk their own lives.

Also,  they won't respond to desperate people who refused to leave their homes after they were told to evacuate (coastal residents in an evacuation zone).  You're basically on your own.

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I can not believe that any poster would even suggest that @beach-mom and her DD drive to this event. No one with an ounce of common sense would suggest such a thing. 

common sense???

short supply

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  - did the wedding get rescheduled?