Respected Contributor

I recieved a beautiful gift basket for my birthday (August 3rd) full of bath and body items, chocolates, decaf coffee (I only drink decaf) and a mug.  This was a surprise, I would have never thought of a gift basket as a birthday gift.   Has anyone ever received this sort of gift whether birthday or other occasion ? What did you get and did you like it ? Are gift baskets pretty popular ?     

Honored Contributor

I have not received one but I have given them.  They can be very special because if they are personalized by paying special attention to what the receiver likes, they are appreciated.  I remember remember working with a girl and gave her one for her b'day.  She was blown away with all the thoughtful items I put in it.  All done by listening to her and what she likes.

Happy B'day!!!!  Mine was 8/12 Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Years ago I worked with a large group of Aeorspace engineers in So.Cal. For my birthday they had delivered a HUGE basket full of Mrs. Beasley's cookies, muffins and brownies. My family enjoyed this for a week (I was surprised it lasted that long).

Honored Contributor

I'd probably have to re-gift it.    The only "sweet" I nibble on would be Halo Top low sugar ice cream.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I've made a ton of gift baskets over the years, for birthdays, house warming, Christmas and to donate for charity auctions at my kid's school back in the day. 

I've made them cozy winter related (book, throw, hot chocolate, warm socks), I've made them bathroom related (new towel set, body wash etc.) I've made them kitchen themed (pretty apron, dish towels, hand soap, kitchen utensils etc.). 

Oddly enough, I"ve never received one! lol

Respected Contributor

@rms1954wrote:

I have not received one but I have given them.  They can be very special because if they are personalized by paying special attention to what the receiver likes, they are appreciated.  I remember remember working with a girl and gave her one for her b'day.  She was blown away with all the thoughtful items I put in it.  All done by listening to her and what she likes.

Happy B'day!!!!  Mine was 8/12 Smiley Happy

Thanks and Happy Birthday to you as well !

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi  wrote: I'd probably have to re-gift it.    The only "sweet" I nibble on would be Halo Top low sugar ice cream.....

I LOVE Halo Top ice cream ! with my Type 2 Diabetes I allow myself 2 TBS per day. Love the Chocolate Bownie, Chocolate Caramel Brownie ( I am a true chocoholic so that  satisfys my chocolate needs) Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

They are a great gift if personalized specifically with items someone likes but if just a gift basket bought with no thought to what the  receiver really likes - well not so great!  I got some really great ones that the givers spent a lot of time customizing but also got a few that had candles, perfume, bath products, scarves, teas and coffee that I never drink.  Don't say it's the thought that counts because to get a basket full of things the giver should know are items never used is inconsiderate at best!!

Honored Contributor

I have never received one,...but I have given for the anticipated birth of a baby.  If is fun selecting special items for mom and baby and presenting a beautiful basket.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   I agree, receiving/giving gifts of food is tricky.  

@Desertdi wrote:

I'd probably have to re-gift it.    The only "sweet" I nibble on would be Halo Top low sugar ice cream.....