Honored Contributor

Re: Should We Go to Boston with the Hurricane Coming?

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Every day people honor their commitments, no matter the risk, because it's the honorable thing to do, and they are honorable people.

The risk in driving to Boston, which isn't even getting a direct hit, is minor. 

If everyone avoided risk then we wouldn't have police, firefighters, road crews, construction workers, nurses, doctors, EMT's, truck drivers, soldiers, lifeguards...

We need first responders because idiots take risks when they shouldn't. We are told this time and time again to stay home during terrible weather because not only are you risking your life but first responders lives also. Everyone know this.

Well, you would think that everyone would know that, but obviously not.

Otherwise, the rescuers wouldn't have to rescue those . . . . . . who defy orders to stay off of the roads.

@Anonymous032819  Exactly. They know it but always think 'It would never happen to me'.

Respected Contributor

@GrailSeeker wrote:

I would not.  I follow a Youtube channel by a woman who lives in Boston.  The hospitals are overwhelmed by the Delta variant.  She and her husband and two kids have been battling it this week.  Her husband is in the hospital and only got a bed because someone else died, freeing up the bed.  Now a hurricane.  I just would not chance it.

The hospitals in Boston are not overwhelmed by the Delta Variant. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT08/refresh/AL082021_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind+png/151351_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.png

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@GrailSeeker wrote:

I would not.  I follow a Youtube channel by a woman who lives in Boston.  The hospitals are overwhelmed by the Delta variant.  She and her husband and two kids have been battling it this week.  Her husband is in the hospital and only got a bed because someone else died, freeing up the bed.  Now a hurricane.  I just would not chance it.

The hospitals in Boston are not overwhelmed by the Delta Variant. 

You are 100% correct @mom2four0418 . That's not a problem here.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

If anyone didn't know better, you wouldn't believe that a hurricane is on the way. It's sunny, hot and a beautiful beach day.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Frequent Contributor

@sceniccoast just saw the new track as Western Mass is now in the path. Stay safe and take care. 

Trusted Contributor

Don't recommend it.  I'm in southeastern CT.  People are panicking.  I95 is a parking lot.  We're anticipating lengthy power outages and floods.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live just north of Boston and we are preparing for the storm.

Just a couple of days ago we had heavy rain. In some towns it was

more than 5 inches. On Channel 5 News, we saw many rescues

where people drove their cars in to deep water on highways and

streets. Some cars were up to their windows in the water. I saw a car actually floating in the water. People had to escape through

their car windows and first responders were out there helping.

One father waded through waist deep water with his daughter on his back. Many roads and city streets go through low areas. There were also trees and power lives down. And this was not even a hurricane!

Governor Baker was on TV yesterday advising people to stay

off the roads. Rescuing them would cause first responders to risk their own safety. We live near the ocean and despite warnings, there will still be people going to the shore to see  how high the surf is. The National Guard has been deployed to be ready to assist. I pray that not too much damage is done and

that everyone stays safe.

Good choice, not to come to Boston for the wedding.

Respected Contributor

I just had a horrible thought. What happens when poeple are stranded in deep water in their cars, and they have to escape through that water and power lines have come down into the water?

Honored Contributor

Turn around; don't drown!  Woman Very Happy

And don't go out if you don't have to!  Y'all up there stay safe!