Respected Contributor

Re: Should We Go to Boston with the Hurricane Coming?

@proudlyfromNJBe safe on the ride home.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Anonymous032819 @The 11:00 P.M advisory from the National Hurricane Center at NOA will provide an updated storm track tonight. You can go on to the site and looks at the updated predicted path and advisory. If the storm if heading to where the wedding is you should not attempt to drive there. There's also a Saturday morning at 8:00 A.M. Advisory for more updated information. Don't go if the storm will be there. The venue will close, the roads will be closed, power will probably be out if the storm is a hurricane.  Chances are that the wedding will have to be rescheduled again.

@Mindy D 

Uh, I  was   just responding to @beach-mom  who is thinking of driving in to a hurricane.

For me, it would be an easy no go.

I mean, why purposefully decide to drive to someplace where they are boarding up doors and windows?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of equal if not greater concern for me would be attending an indoor wedding.

My heart goes out to brides under these circumstances.

Were it me, I'd sadly pass.

If you decide to go, perhaps head up now and make plans in case you get stranded there!  Good luck and stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

I would stay home & stay safe.I feel bad for the bride & groom but you need to look out for you & your daughters safety.

Honored Contributor

No

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom - I don't know where you are driving from but if it involves I 95 you are in for a rough ride. Hubby and I have traveled I 95 for years and I can't tell you how much I dread it. That road is really bad on a regular rainy day let alone anything involving heavy rain, high winds, bridges, etc. And, if you run into a problem, you may not make it at all.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Honored Contributor

I can't think of any reason to consider going.  If someone doesn't think enough of their guests to call this off, disappointing them would be far far down on my list of things to be concerned about. 

Honored Contributor

I think your personal safety is way more important than the bride's disappointment. Not being mean, just realistic. No way would I take a chance like that.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom   This tropical storm that may morph into a category 1 hurricane is unfortunate for your Boston bride and groom especially since they have had to cancel twice before because of Covid-19.

However, as others have indicated, it seems unwise to go ahead for the obvious reason of safety for ALL participants--bridal couple, family, friends, the officiant, and the workers at the service and reception itself.

Other factors to nix it include the governor of Massachusetts, Connecticut, may close the roads or ban travel, except for essential persons, which wedding guests are not. The mayor of Boston may close the city.

A hurricane is nothing to "ride out" when you have ample warning to avoid doing so.

This couple might have the event cancelled for them by the venue itself or other circumstances closer to the day.

The choice for me would be simple:  regretfully stay home and out of harm's way.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom    Consider the possibly that you may not be able to get home for some time due to flooding, downed trees and power lines.  The trip home may be adventurous if not risky.  I wouldn't go. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment