Honored Contributor

Stores are very busy. Some voids on the shelves. One store was out of bread!

Respected Contributor

My local grocery store was out of collards by 9:00 a.m. this morning ! And it's a big chain store too !

Honored Contributor

I went to Walmart on Sunday morning to pick up my groceries curbside. I was stunned how empty the parking lot was...the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I was expecting to see a lot more cars in the parking lot.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I went to Walmart on Sunday morning to pick up my groceries curbside. I was stunned how empty the parking lot was...the Sunday before Thanksgiving. I was expecting to see a lot more cars in the parking lot.

I could barely get into the parking lot of one of my Walmarts yesterday at 10 am.  It was full and so was the store.

Respected Contributor

My curbside pickup order this morning had some very specific items with no substitutions allowed. I got everything except my Land O Lakes soft butter.

Honored Contributor

I was just at my grocery store this morning (Raley's - a West Coast chain) and, btwn 9 and 10am, it was very pleasant.  I don't like crowds so I try to go at times when everybody else isn't.

I was able to get everything I needed except for the pancetta and the unsalted peanuts I get for my outside babies.  So, I went to another store and was able to get both things.

Glad to be done.  One trip to the store and I end up in a lot of back pain for the next couple of hours.   

Plenty of turkey and turkey breasts, so that was good.  Now that I have all the stuff for Thursday I'm almost itching to start cooking.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I went today and the store was packed. However people were being very pleasant and nice so that made a huge difference.