Esteemed Contributor

After reading comments here, I just canceled  three items, I didn,t need, but wanted.  I was an addict for 25 years.  Not so much when I was working, but after I retired.  I have slowed down a lot, and use everything I received .  Home decor really use,.  No boxes piling up.  I brought some yard stuff today, realize nice, but my yard is already beautiful and don,t need it.  So easy to get back into the habit of buying.

Now if money is no problem, go for it, if it makes you happy, but be careful.

Honored Contributor

I was like you in the late 90's.  I would book doctor's appts., etc., around the QVC schedule.  Then I lived in a city that had many stores.  Now I live in the boondocks and pretty much stick to things I can't find here.  That means more from Amazon like OTC drugs, but QVC still gets a share.  Tell hubby to be patient, it will wear off.  But seriously, don't jeopardize your family budget.  

Honored Contributor

@lizzieborden 

Since by using the word "addict" there is only 1 way to recovery. I was addicted to several "life changing things", and I will always see myself as "recovering", never "cured".

Since you know the source of your addiction, ditch the cable, or find other things to watch. 

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping Channel Addict

[ Edited ]

@lizzieborden . First Welcome to the Boards! I too when I was a new QVC watcher, bought a lot. Mostly Makeup and Skincare, as those are my weaknesses.....My husband said Wow. Don't you have enough after a while? This only went on for a few months and after the thriill of the first boxes arriving went away, I became more selective.....

Now, Many years later, I watch very little QVC/HSN/EVINE live......Occasionally I will watch something if I am really interested in the product or the line, but I shop much less...The thrill does wear off or I guess I should say wear down a bit after a while.It is just because it is new to you right now.....Try to pace yourself!  Don't pick up the phone, think about it for a while before purchasing so that you don't become an impulse shopper........ 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to these forums.  I received alot of good advice from some seasoned shoppers!  I will learn to curb my impulse to pick up the phone.  Maybe wait 5 minutes, then I can always go online and order. if I really want/need something.