Honored Contributor

Mystery going on at the Dominican Republic

i don't know what in the world is going on, but yet another tourist has collapsed and died there.  So now it's 3 people.  The U.S. is monitoring the situation.  I think the same hotel.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/05/us/dominican-republic-hotel-pennyslvania-woman-dies/index.html

Respected Contributor

Re: Mystery going on at the Dominican Republic

This whole thing is freaking me out.  I wonder if there is something toxic in the air of that hotel?  What else would cause respiratory failure in three people?  So strange.  The only thing worse than dying like that is dying in a foreign country.  What a nightmare for the families of these poor people.  

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

This whole thing is freaking me out.  I wonder if there is something toxic in the air of that hotel?  What else would cause respiratory failure in three people?  So strange.  The only thing worse than dying like that is dying in a foreign country.  What a nightmare for the families of these poor people.  

There are more people in that hotel than just those three.

Employees?

Other guests?

No reason to freak out.  If there was an issue, you would see everyone becoming ill or dying.

You can catch things in any setting.  The air on planes is disgusting.

Honored Contributor

maybe terrorism with using  microbes that pass illness?

Honored Contributor

After watching Hot Zone last week, it's a little scary to think that it might be some type of virus.  With people travelling all over the world, viruses can spread like wildfire.  

Esteemed Contributor

There was also a young American couple that recently died in Fiji from a mystery illness.

Excerpt from:  cbsnews.com/news/texas-couple-dies-in-fiji-of-mysterious-illness-leave-behind-two-children-2019-06-04/

Authorities in Fiji said Tuesday that a young Texas couple vacationing in the South Pacific country died from an unidentified illness. The couple arrived in Fiji on May 22 and were taken to a hospital after they became ill, according to Fiji's Ministry of Health and Medical Services.

The ministry said in a statement their conditions worsened despite medical care and they died within a few days of each other. According to the Fiji Broadcast Corporation, the two Americans died in the city of Nadi.

The ministry said it was working with police forensics, the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to try to determine what caused the deaths. The ministry said it had put in place public health measures, although didn't immediately identify what those were.

Last I heard the bodies cannot be returned to the U.S. until it can be confirmed that the deaths was not due to something contagious.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I think someone is putting poison in their food or drink. Waiting for more details to come out on how the Dominican Republic will investigate this.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

My husband and I think someone is putting poison in their food or drink. Waiting for more details to come out on how the Dominican Republic will investigate this.

The fact that the U.S. is monitoring this Dominican invetigation, makes me think they are thinking this!

Respected Contributor

I think whatever it is was placed in food or drink by someone else. I think couple in Figi also died so pulmonary edema but I am not sure. This is very sad and upsetting. 

QVC Customer Care