Esteemed Contributor

watch out, Christmas in July is coming!🌲🌲❄️☃️💵💰💸

Respected Contributor

Be very careful with your new found diversion. You may very well be joking about this becoming an addiction but it certainly can. I know someone who did become addicted to home shhopping channels. She sat infront of the TV and ordered as many as 10 items a day. After several years she had spent her way into bankruptsy. Watch only if you are entertained by watching and can withstand the temptation to buy. Much of what you see on these channels you don't need and will not use. Just a word to the wise be careful.

Honored Contributor

Been there, done that, lol!  

Oh boy... From 1989-1997 I was supporting qvc I think.  From Nesco roasters, that inferred pain thing they advertised every hour, to silver, t-fal, beverly hills gold, randolph duke, oh and Royal Albert, it was all in my home.  And every embellish sweater they sold.  I just donated a pile, including Rue McClanahan stuff. Oh my. I owned everything by 2000, and didn't shop there for over 10 years.  Now I go online and shop, but not qvc exclusively.  

In 1988 i had moved to a small town with no shopping center.  I had to travel 45 minutes to a mall.  There was no online then!!  So qvc was a life saver!  Shipping was so cheap and free returns.  All my christmas shopping, it was great.  Now everything is online

Honored Contributor

Be very careful with this new addiction.  It can be dangerous.  There's at least one person on these boards that I worry about being addicted.  It's a bad habit to get into watching QVC.  Most of what you purchase is impulse buys that you don't need.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

There are all kinds of wonderful programming options on cable - not just the shopping channels! Becoming a "shopping channel addict" is not really a good thing unless you have unlimited funds!

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

There are all kinds of wonderful programming options on cable - not just the shopping channels! Becoming a "shopping channel addict" is not really a good thing unless you have unlimited funds!

@jannabelle1, if it's truly an addiction, it is painful regardless of income.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@lizzieborden wrote:

Since we  recently got cable TV I've become a home shopping addict.  My hubby is ready to cut me off.  We are pretty far out in the boonies of town and not close to any nice malls, just a Walmart, so now I kind of go crazy and have bought so many things.  And with cable we get several QVC/HSN channels.  I wish I had a TV in every room of the house so I could always see what's on.  I can't wait to catch up and learn to know all the hosts.

@lizzieborden   You don't need a TV in each room...just a tablet or laptop and wifi.  You can watch the Q live streaming on your computer!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping Channel Addict

[ Edited ]

@lizzieborden wrote:

Since we  recently got cable TV I've become a home shopping addict.  My hubby is ready to cut me off.  We are pretty far out in the boonies of town and not close to any nice malls, just a Walmart, so now I kind of go crazy and have bought so many things.  And with cable we get several QVC/HSN channels.  I wish I had a TV in every room of the house so I could always see what's on.  I can't wait to catch up and learn to know all the hosts.

Did you plan on purchasing these things before you turned on the television? If you didn't then you need to cut yourself off from watching. Why anyone would want to have someone barge into their living room selling their "stuff" and watching endless amounts of repetitive programming is anyone's guess. It is bad enough when you are approached in a brick and mortar store by some clerk anxious to make their sales goal for the week, let alone actually inviting them into your home.

Think about the long term. Do you want to be a savvy woman who invests her money in things that will grow in value? Or do you want to purchase things that won't mean anything in the scheme of things for your future?

Interestingly enough in the Home Forum there are many of us down-sizing and getting rid of clutter. Read that thread instead of watching someone trying to part you with your money.

Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Q is getting to be too expensive for me. I can't see spending $50 and with shipping and tax or more.

I did have HSN years ago and dolls were my thing mostly. I am ready to go-81 and my son is my only relative. I told him to give them to needy children. I hope he does.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@lizzieborden   I understand where you're coming from.  Try to take it slow and be selective, or you'll find yourself spending too much, with a very unhappy husband!

I live alone, so it's easy for me to watch what I want when I want; but I'm also the one who has to pay the bills!  My biggest addiction is jewelry, so I find myself watching ShopLC much of the time.  After 28 years of shopping channels, I could easily open my own jewelry store!

LOL, I have purchased jewelry from HSN, Q, Evine and JTV.  I have never purchased from SHOPlc, I have read good reviews about them.  I enjoy JTV because they give you so much information on the stones etc...I have lovely rings from them.  But I will check out SHOPLC.