Occasional Contributor

Since we  recently got cable TV I've become a home shopping addict.  My hubby is ready to cut me off.  We are pretty far out in the boonies of town and not close to any nice malls, just a Walmart, so now I kind of go crazy and have bought so many things.  And with cable we get several QVC/HSN channels.  I wish I had a TV in every room of the house so I could always see what's on.  I can't wait to catch up and learn to know all the hosts.

Honored Contributor

Hi, the newness will wear off.  I too live in the boonies and its 50 plus miles to the nearest mall.  I dont do mall much anymore.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@lizzieborden   I understand where you're coming from.  Try to take it slow and be selective, or you'll find yourself spending too much, with a very unhappy husband!

I live alone, so it's easy for me to watch what I want when I want; but I'm also the one who has to pay the bills!  My biggest addiction is jewelry, so I find myself watching ShopLC much of the time.  After 28 years of shopping channels, I could easily open my own jewelry store!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@lizzieborden 

Not that what you spend is any of my business, but a friendly word of caution from me is to be careful and very selective, as @2blonde  said, it can quickly add up!

Especially if Hubby isn't happy about it, which may have been just a joke.

Last, but not least......Welcome to the Forums!

Image result for welcome to the forum image

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Your post reminded me of when I first found QVC on cable.  I went crazy and bought so much jewelry BUT I returned almost all of it.  The Post Office clerks were beginning to think there was something wrong with me.

Unfortunately, the jewelry I bought was ten times cheaper than what they are asking for now on QVC so beware.

Years later I was able to buy back the jewelry I stupidly sent back on Ebay so I did acquire some of my favorite pieces.

My husband too started noticing my over buying so he very often accompanied me to the Post Office to return the jewelry.

It's nice to hear you say you think their jewelry is great.

Honored Contributor

As long as you can financially support your addiction, happy shopping.

Honored Contributor

Have fun but you could always have had QVC and HSN and every other shopping channel on your computer or tablet.  Not to mention a million other retailers.  That's the great part about online shopping, shoppers can live in the boonies and still have access to everything that city dwellers have.  Shopping equality!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopping Channel Addict

[ Edited ]

@lizzieborden: It's so easy to become addicted to TV shopping. The best advice I can give is to beware of impulse shopping!!!  Speaking for myself, this is my weakness. Everything I see (esp. handbags,clothes, shoes, kitchen items) I want or am convinced I can't live without. Lately, I will put an item on my wish list. Surprisingly, what I've discovered is sometimes I forget about the item. Or, decide I don't really want it after all. Welcome to the boards! Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't forget that stores have user friendly sites for you to compare first.  If you stay home a lot, Denim and Company might be what you like.  It's quite popular.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your first sentence scares me a little.  "I've become a home shopping addict".  It can happen to anyone, and it can be a deadly disease.  About three years ago I had a neighbor who also became a home shopping addict. I don't think it was QVC, but I don't remember which channel it was. The killer was their version of easy pay.  It looks easy, but it adds up quickly. Her home became a sea of boxes, many unopened. Hiding her buys from her husband was a frustratiing game. They fought constantly and he eventually walked out.  I saw her a few times after he left,  but in the long run she left too.   Fortunately there were no children. Haven't heard from her since she left, so I don't know where she is or what the final outcome was.    I just know a marriage can't survive an addiction and deception.  No "stuff" is worth that kind of sacrifice.  Change the channel at once and God bless you.