Honored Contributor

Re: Shooting At Super Bowl Parade

@elated wrote:

It has been confirmed that one person was shot and killed. Go to a parade to celebrate and end up dead. One is in critical condition in the hospital. America the land of crime and murder.

@elated We live in a pretty lawless country now.  Criminals are treated with kid gloves, arrested and often go free for more.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@elated wrote:

It has been confirmed that one person was shot and killed. Go to a parade to celebrate and end up dead. One is in critical condition in the hospital. America the land of crime and murder.

@elated We live in a pretty lawless country now.  Criminals are treated with kid gloves, arrested and often go free for more.  

That is the truth. Commit a crime and go free, so much for justice.

Occasional Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@elated wrote:

Over 650 good men with guns couldn't prevent this tragedy.

Honored Contributor

Personally I think mass murder is of far more significance than shoplifting. Don't think too many mass murderers are treated with kid gloves. But just another attempt at deflection.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

Very sad but not one bit surprised at the way things are today.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Well of course that happened, it's America. Mass shootings are even more American than the Super Bowl.

Anniversary of the Parkland massacre too

Yes it is. I remember when it happened as DH and I were out to eat for Valentine's day. 

I went to visit my mother in FL a few weeks later and she lived near the Parkland high school.  All of the schools in the area had supporting banners.

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Great way to say to thank you to your team for doing a great job. The team had already left the area when the shootings began. 

There were some players still on the stage.

The news station I had on said clearly that the team had already left, but who knows?

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

You couldn't pay me to go to something like that these days.  To many nut cases out and about.  

Plus disease and pick pockets

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Well of course that happened, it's America. Mass shootings are even more American than the Super Bowl.

Anniversary of the Parkland massacre too

Yes it is. I remember when it happened as DH and I were out to eat for Valentine's day. 

I went to visit my mother in FL a few weeks later and she lived near the Parkland high school.  All of the schools in the area had supporting banners.

I was at the Parkland remembrance this morning at MSD high school.  Six years later and still shampoo, rinse, repeat.  😔😔😔😔

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

News is reporting : 1 dead and 22 injured. Like another poster stated, 650 men with guns and this was still perpetrated. It makes one wonder how no one saw this coming. I wonder where they were stationed.