Respected Contributor

Shooting At Super Bowl Parade

[ Edited ]

Up to 10 Injured in Shooting Near KansasCity Chiefs Super Bowl Parade

• JUST IN: Up to ten people were injured in a shooting at Union Station in Kansas City, Missouri, at the end of the parade for the Super Bowl-winning Chiefs, according to Michael Hopkins with the Kansas City Fire Department.
  •  
  • Police said two armed people were taken into custody.
  •  
  • People around the Union Station area were advised by police to leave "as quickly and safely as possible to facilitate treatment of the shooting victims."
  •  
  • The parade started with Chiefs players crowded on double-decker buses, waving to fans as they rolled through the city. Star tight end Travis Kelce was spotted on the same bus as quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

CNN reporting

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

Re: Shooting At Super Bowl Parade

Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha   Oh my goodness!  I sure hate hearing this news!  I'm turning my channel, as I'm sure it's being reported about this instant.  I sincerely pray no one suffers a serious injury or even worse passes away.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm gonna turn to CNN because for some crazy reason none of my local news stations are reporting!  😡

Trusted Contributor

Two armed persons detained by police.   Motive will be anxiously awaited.

Honored Contributor

The Fire Dept. Is reporting at least 1 dead.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

You couldn't pay me to go to something like that these days.  To many nut cases out and about.  

Respected Contributor

Just heartbreaking...so many children would be there.

You truly cannot go anywhere these days and not have a potential shooting incident in your mind.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Great way to say to thank you to your team for doing a great job. The team had already left the area when the shootings began. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

FBI was in presence at the parade. People drove hours to watch the parade and then faced with this tragedy. 8-10 people were shot. Two people have been detained. My heart goes out to those innocent people shot. Apparently, people were running for their lives.There is a report of a possibility of one fatality.  Just unbelievable.