Honored Contributor

This is NOT a QVC order.  It's a cosmetic order and I have been tracking.  It sat for 5 days in NJ.  Now it's in OR  across the country.  What is the logic behind shipping like this?  I am in Illinois.  You think they could have drop it from the plane passing IL.  lol  You have to keep your sense of humor in this crazy shipping method.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Shipping is ridiculous! I can not believe how things are traveling from Fed Ex/UPS facilities & then to USPS facilities (And it has nothing to do with Covid).

I try never to be in too big of a hurry to get things, but watching how many miles my packages travel before they get to me is interesting/frustrating.

Honored Contributor
I used to think free shipping meant it would take a long time to be delivered....but now all bets are off. If I have to pay $8.95 for shipping for an order it should not travel the country before it gets to me!
Esteemed Contributor

I recently ordered a shower curtain from Wayfair and tracking it there was no movement at all. It was taking forever so I finally called. The customer service person said although they had notified...I can't remember if it was UPS or Fedex......many days prior that it was ready for pickup, NADA. It finally started moving several days later and was delivered.  She said it was happening A LOT.

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

Shipping is ridiculous! I can not believe how things are traveling from Fed Ex/UPS facilities & then to USPS facilities (And it has nothing to do with Covid).

I try never to be in too big of a hurry to get things, but watching how many miles my packages travel before they get to me is interesting/frustrating.

@Dusty1    Or...if they hand your package over to Mail Innovations it could take forever.  I have an order that was sent from FedEx in California to Mail Innovations in Maine where it has been sitting for 10 days...I live in Pa.   Yes...frustrating. 

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1   Been doing this kind of stuff for years now. Apparently these shipping companies all have each others' backs to keep themselves operating as they all pass the goods from one to another. 

It is insane. 

DHL may be the only service who does not do this.

Trusted Contributor

@Mombo1 This happens more often than it should. The package is at MY post office then gets shipped out elsewhere. I live in Carlsbad. About 10% of my packages shipped via USPS end up going to my PO then leaving and returning a few days later. They say they can't explain it. Currently I am awaiting about 12 orders and 2 are in this situation. They were here, just a mile away, and then off to visit another town. Oh well, I try never to be in a hurry and find it comical. 

Capture.PNG

Trusted Contributor

@cjm61   I guess we have to consider the delays which are everywhere. I am never in a big hurry for anything.  I just find it odd how orders seem to travel in circles.  I did check the order I mentioned before that was in Maine...well today it is somewhere in New Jersey.  At least they are getting closer.  

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@Mombo1 This happens more often than it should. The package is at MY post office then gets shipped out elsewhere. I live in Carlsbad. About 10% of my packages shipped via USPS end up going to my PO then leaving and returning a few days later. They say they can't explain it. Currently I am awaiting about 12 orders and 2 are in this situation. They were here, just a mile away, and then off to visit another town. Oh well, I try never to be in a hurry and find it comical. 

Capture.PNG

@cjm61  It happens to me too...I'm in Lincoln. I started a thread about the same issue yesterday...

almost.jpg