Respected Contributor

Remember, what you're calling "the shipping charge" isn't just for shipping. It's for shipping and handling. All of your items required handling, no matter how many boxes they arrived in.

Trusted Contributor

I think combining orders into one package is a new way for QVC to increase profits.  This is probably why you can't cancel/edit soon after placing an order, because they are pulling and combining the orders.  I don't mind as it saves on packaging, for QVC and me that has to dispose of it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping concern

[ Edited ]

I DO mind it.

It has been going on for quite a while.

If you are putting more than one order in a pkg, I want a DISCOUNT on the shipping and handling.

I don't appreciate having a top I ordered crammed into the same package as a box shoes!!

They are putting multiple orders/items on the same receipt.  You now only get ONE receipt and one return label (yes, I know you can print online)

Since I don't expect QVC to change, if I order a second item in a day, I ship one to work and one to my home.

I wonder if the delay in processing orders and shipping them that everyone complains about has anything to do with the practice of shipping multiple orders together?

Maybe they are holding back on shipping to see if you order anything else?  LOL

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife. Weve got half the posters complaining that two items are shipped together, and the other half pointing out that they'd like to see their similar items shipped in the same package.  I personally couldn't care less...just get it to me.  Evine has been shipping as many as 3 or 4 jewelry items in a big envelope.  At $6.99 each, that's a nice profit; it's also why I'm no longer shopping there..

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@RespectLife. Weve got half the posters complaining that two items are shipped together, and the other half pointing out that they'd like to see their similar items shipped in the same package.  I personally couldn't care less...just get it to me.  Evine has been shipping as many as 3 or 4 jewelry items in a big envelope.  At $6.99 each, that's a nice profit; it's also why I'm no longer shopping there..

Holy cow @Kachina624

That is a LOT of shipping when the items are combined in one package.  I find that unfair.  I'm sticking to my guns...lol...either give me a discount on combined packaging...or ship each of my orders separately as they were ordered that way!

I'm never in that big of a hurry for anything. 

I have never shopped at Evine and after reading the above, probably won't!

Bobby Chez is now on Evine.  I LOVE his crab cakes and smashburgers.  The prices at Evine are higher than when he was on Q.  I wish him success there, but the cost at Evine is more than I am willing to pay on a regular basis.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLifewrote:

I DO mind it.

If you are putting more than one order in a pkg, I want a DISCOUNT on the shipping and handling.

I don't appreciate having a top I ordered crammed into the same package as a box shoes!!

They are putting multiple orders/items on the same receipt.  You now only get ONE receipt and one return label (yes, I know you can print online)

Since I don't expect QVC to change, if I order a second item in a day, I ship one to work and one to my home.

I wonder if the delay in processing orders and shipping them that everyone complains about has anything to do with the practice of shipping multiple orders together?

Yep, that will stick it to them.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Occasional Contributor

Well, you're fortunate this is the first time you've noticed this.  QVC's S&H charges are so out of whack with every other online shopping site.  I'm also so disappointed in the tacky offerings and poor quality of everything I've received.  I receive 5 packages and 4 go back!  The quality is awful and when I receive an item rolled up into a ball, I don't even look at it.  That's called Quality control, QVC!  

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kayewrote:

I purchased two clothing items last Saturday at different times during the day and I received both in one package today. When I looked at the invoices I discovered that I was charged shipping on both items. In all the years I’ve shopped with QVC this has never happened before. I don’t agree with this policy at all! 

@Lori Kaye

???    I'm not clear about how you believe shipping used to be  handled.   I don't recall QVC ever giving a discount on shipping.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisywrote:

@RespectLifewrote:

I DO mind it.

@CrazyDaisy I can't speak for RespectLife, but it seems to me that her decision is less about "sticking it to" anyone and more about making certain she's getting what she's paying for.  I see the logic in that, even though it wouldn't be worth the inconvenience and additional environmental burden for me

Esteemed Contributor

@WenGirl42wrote:

@CrazyDaisywrote:

@RespectLifewrote:

I DO mind it.

@CrazyDaisy I can't speak for RespectLife, but it seems to me that her decision is less about "sticking it to" anyone and more about making certain she's getting what she's paying for.  I see the logic in that, even though it wouldn't be worth the inconvenience and additional environmental burden for me

I see it as childish, however whatever makes her feel better.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.