Honored Contributor

So there was a thread about Jacksonville a few weeks ago.

I'll sit on my hands. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

We got the same mailbox with the key and just found out that our sweet mailman is having shoulder surgery and will be gone for 6-8 weeks so now I know why we get 3 pieces of junk mail everyday. I will say packages (so far) are here & on time. I did shop early, have a few but that's OK if they are late (not stolen) 

Honored Contributor

My packages are not related at all to Christmas but they are , nevertheless , something I paid for and certainly expect to have delivered. In our community if the package boxes are full the postman delivers to your door. As I said before I was home all day - and the doors were wide open, so if he came to the door to deliver I would have seen him or heard the doorbell.

Super Contributor

For myself, I find that the less I complain, the better my life goes.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually there have been many times the tracking info will state "delivered" and it has not been.   I think they just  do that (scan) to meet their daily quota.   Several times I've had that happen and the package shows up a day or two later.  I don't worry about it unless it's been a week at least.

Honored Contributor

My DH printed copies of the tracking and wrote on them "Where the heck did you deliver these?" and put them in our postbox for the mailman.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

My DH printed copies of the tracking and wrote on them "Where the heck did you deliver these?" and put them in our postbox for the mailman.

How mature of him...

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping - again!

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

How mature of him...

I think it is quite clear and to the point. No room for confusion. If they still don't show up tomorrow we will go to the postmaster.But if it was just a mistake on his part it gives him a chance to correct it himself before we go to his superior.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping - again!

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

How mature of him...

I think it is quite clear and to the point. No room for confusion. If they still don't show up tomorrow we will go to the postmaster.But if it was just a mistake on his part it gives him a chance to correct it himself before we go to his superior.

SMH

Good luck with that strategy

Honored Contributor

My point is, @151949, we  know all about your shipping problems but there isn’t anything we can do and it’s quite tiresome to hear the same complaint every week. Why not contact the businesses or delivery service or just give it a few days? It always gets to you in the end and if not the companies will make it right.  Stop obsessively checking your tracking updates or maybe move where the postal services are more reliable.