Honored Contributor

My DH ordered an item from Amazon and I ordered something from e bay. Both larger packages! Today they both are marked delivered on USPS tracking - actually they both say they were delivered to our lockbox.( Where we live the mail goes to a "gangbox" and each mailbox is locked.) They were not in the gangbox, nor at any of the doors to our house.We even looked at the house next door. Where are they? Good question.

In addition - Something else ordered online to be delivered UPS seems to be stuck in Jacksonville. The tracking reads "ACCEPTED IN JACKSONVILLE then "DEPARTED JACKSONVILLE"  over & over & over. My DH said it is probably on a conveyor belt going round & round and every time it hits a certain point it gets scanned.

All of this is very frustrating. 

I doubt the packages that are supposed to have been delivered were stolen because !. I live in a gated community and 2. they were supposedly delivered to a locked  mailbox. I simply don't think the postman actually delivered them. I have been home all day if they were too big for the lockbox and he had to bring them to the house.

Honored Contributor

Remind me why you shop online again? And yes we know you live in a gated community with a lockbox. 

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

Remind me why you shop online again? And yes we know you live in a gated community with a lockbox. 

And your point is??????

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 Can you call UPS & advise them you never received the package? You should also contact the vendors.

I’m losing faith in the delivery services. I don’t think they’re as diligent as they used to be. If drivers are running late,I heard on the news ,that they sometimes ditch the packages & mark them delivered!! I’ve had some issues too!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping - again!

[ Edited ]

@151949,  I would call or go to the local post office and talk with them about the missing packages.   Also, you should let the sellers know right away (eBay and Amazon) so the issue can be investigated.   

Have you signed up for "informed Delivery" so you'll know the day of delivery to be watching?   Here's a link in case you haven't added that to your USPS online account:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Shipper-Buyer-BEWARE/m-p/4237026#M18547

About the Jacksonville problem...   I remembered this thread about Jacksonville:

"Shipper (Buyer) BEWARE"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Shipper-Buyer-BEWARE/m-p/4237026#M18547

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

The problem with on line shopping, hence delivery service, at this time of year, (and I’ve done most of mine that way),are actually a few problems😉

Bad weather in many places. Bad enough, in places like Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver, etc.  They have it down to a science.  But places like the Deep South, getting inches of snow, can really cause delays.  

Then you have new, inexperienced hires. Long hours, the extreme pressure, to “get it done”. 

I can can see how the delivery services run into problems. When I shop on line, at this time of year, it’s with fingers crossed,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

@GenXmuse  I don't know why people think that they are safer in a gated community.  We live in one, too.    People just wait for a car to enter and follow it in.

Temporary codes can be obtained but most friends/relatives have the codes.

I know about those boxes she is referring to-we have them, too. If all of them are used the post office will either come back the next day OR leave it on the doorstep, although the doorstep delivery is usually not done by the regular postperson.

Plus not every neighbor is nice and honest like Mr. Rogers, just because they live there too.

Gated communities are easy enough to enter at night over walls and other fences. 

We just consider it a la-di-da feature of our community.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

My DH ordered an item from Amazon and I ordered something from e bay. Both larger packages! Today they both are marked delivered on USPS tracking - actually they both say they were delivered to our lockbox.( Where we live the mail goes to a "gangbox" and each mailbox is locked.) They were not in the gangbox, nor at any of the doors to our house.We even looked at the house next door. Where are they? Good question.

In addition - Something else ordered online to be delivered UPS seems to be stuck in Jacksonville. The tracking reads "ACCEPTED IN JACKSONVILLE then "DEPARTED JACKSONVILLE"  over & over & over. My DH said it is probably on a conveyor belt going round & round and every time it hits a certain point it gets scanned.

All of this is very frustrating. 

I doubt the packages that are supposed to have been delivered were stolen because !. I live in a gated community and 2. they were supposedly delivered to a locked  mailbox. I simply don't think the postman actually delivered them. I have been home all day if they were too big for the lockbox and he had to bring them to the house.

@151949  Your mailman has to be delivering at approximately the same time everyday.  If you have been tracking your packages then you know when they are out for delivery.

I suggest you keep an eye out for your mailman from now on.  It's warm where you are so it's not like you have to be out there freezing. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cakers wrote:

@Bonanzajellybean  I don't know why people think that they are safer in a gated community.  We live in one, too.    People just wait for a car to enter and follow it in.

Temporary codes can be obtained but most friends/relatives have the codes.

I know about those boxes she is referring to-we have them, too. If all of them are used the post office will either come back the next day OR leave it on the doorstep.

Plus not every neighbor is Mr. Rogers, just because they live there too.

Gated communities are easy enough to enter at night over walls and other fences. 

We just consider it a la-di-da feature of our community.  LOL

I have to agree with you, @GenXmuse and @Cakers3.   I lived in a gated community when I was working and living in the DFW/Arlington area.    I think probably the only real benefit was that there wasn't lots of random auto/truck traffic inside the area.   It was really easy for anyone to enter on foot.    

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I lived in a gated community where I raised my kids in northeast Pennsylvania. The gates were manned 24/7 and we had a mail room but the window was only opened for 2 hours, 6 days a week. If a resident's package shipped via the USPS was too big then special arrangements had to be made to pick up the package or wait until the weekend. What a pain that was.

UPS, FedEx and DHL trucks were always waved through the gates. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson