Respected Contributor

It's 9:50 pm on the west coast, and UPS just delivered a package on my front doorstep. Unacceptable. I get up for work at 4:15 am, and I don't want any delivery service at my door after 8:00 pm and would prefer by 6:00 pm. Online retailers have the choice and the power to choose their shippers. I may not purchase from retailers who contract with shippers who have unacceptable service. Packages from UPS delivered to my house are often filthy, torn, hot, and just plain gross after sitting in a dirty hot truck in the western heat all day and all night as one of the last stops. Shipping matters.

Honored Contributor

Why don't you call UPS and complain?  QVC has no control over UPS policies and procedures.  Did the delivery person ring your doorbell?  I haven't had that happen for several years.  Pity the poor delivery person who had probably been working since dawn.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

FedEx leaves paper tags on the door to alert thieves I guess. I hate FedEx!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why don't you call UPS and complain?  QVC has no control over UPS policies and procedures.  Did the delivery person ring your doorbell?  I haven't had that happen for several years.  Pity the poor delivery person who had probably been working since dawn.

Amen!  It's not as if the delivery company has a choice or knows what your work hours are.  They are compelled to deliver the merchandise when they are told.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I guess I have a different perspective because I'd call that dedication to be delivering a package at 9:00 pm....not like they are visiting, just leaving a package on the doorstep.

Honored Contributor

Boy, OP, you wouldn’t like living where I live. 

We didn’t get our mail delivery till almost 7 last night. 

During November and December, we sometimes don’t get our mail until 10 and sometimes it’s come as late as 10:30 at night and UPS has delivered till 9 or later. 

They’re working such long days because consumers are shopping online more and more. I’m just thankful that they come, regardless of the time. 

Packages in trucks are going to be hot. It’s hot outside. In the winter, they’ll be cold as it will be cold outside. 

To say “unacceptable” just sounds so...so...  well, I’ll leave it right there. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Over the last couple years, I have contacted UPS and complained to no avail. And, companies do have power with shippers. Just like end consumers have wallet power and decide to spend their money at places they consider satisfactory, so do retailers. Retailers decide which shippers to use and contract with. Amazon has chosen to hire some individuals as part of their delivery service. Money and how it's spent talks.

Honored Contributor

Wow, just wow.  I'd be happy to get my packages at 3:00 in the morning.  We are a mile in the woods so I have a post office box.  Those two factors cause many packages to get returned to sender or just plain lost. Count your lucky stars. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping Matters

[ Edited ]

From what I have heard about UPS delivery policies is that they deliver packages until the truck is empty. I'd be happy to get my packages even if it were in the late pm.

These guys start loading their trucks early in the morning - so I would say they put in a long day.

Honored Contributor

You may want to setup to receive text alerts on package status.