Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft 

Will go with just centuries.  Bombarded with "Man made/or natural events"?  Guess I can go along with "fires" when it comes to the causation from a human source. The others, not so much.

The past few years of happenings?  Lived through different eras of my life that were the same, some even worse. In fact the last 4 years have been somewhat of a blessing in my life in comparison to the preceding 14 years. That has been, and still is very "comforting", for both me and my wife.

As I have typed probably too many times here on these forums. I only concern myself with things "I can control". To put my time and mental energy being concerned about things "beyond my control"?  No thanks, will leave that up to others that may share your views.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Containers

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Anyone ever wonder if the Universe is really pis*** at humanity?  Viruses, forest fires, earthquakes, volcanos erupting, giant storms, flooding, mayhem of all sorts breaking out all over the planet.

@RoughDraft Everything except the virus can be attributed to global warming.  The virus may have been a mistake by humans or could have been Mother Nature's way of natural selection.

@Linmo Is there scientific proof that earthquakes are attributed to climate change?  

I'm aware that volcanic activity can impact the climate long after the eruptions.

It's a stretch to say that everything can be attributed to global warming.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm I think there is evidence that certain conditions caused by climate change, like a drought and the actions that humans take to deal with those conditions, can be a trigger for earthquakes.

Respected Contributor

I saw something online last night that the ship that lost 40 containers overboard has containers on fire on the deck.

Containers catch fire on ship near Victoria, same ship lost about 40 containers off Wash. coast – KI...

Honored Contributor

A shame re: those containers floating out there.  Dangerous for other ships/boats, I'm guessing.

Well, let's just hope a meteor doesn't hit our earth.  

Let's hope all will be well re: shipping, and everything else, very soon.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Anyone ever wonder if the Universe is really pis*** at humanity?  Viruses, forest fires, earthquakes, volcanos erupting, giant storms, flooding, mayhem of all sorts breaking out all over the planet.

@RoughDraft Everything except the virus can be attributed to global warming.  The virus may have been a mistake by humans or could have been Mother Nature's way of natural selection.

@Linmo Is there scientific proof that earthquakes are attributed to climate change?  

I'm aware that volcanic activity can impact the climate long after the eruptions.

It's a stretch to say that everything can be attributed to global warming.

doesn't fracking cause some earthquakes?