Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Containers Backed Up

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

This has been ongoing for months but with increased volume due to holiday merchandise, it stand to reason it would get worse.  There's just no good news anywhere about anything. 

I agree, and that's an understatement.  We're waiting on a car. And that's just across the country, not in those big things off shore.  But I totally agree.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

If we manufactured and produced products in America - we wouldn't be waiting at the docks for cargo to arrive from Asia. It's all about destroying America.

Ding, ding, ding, I totally agree with you.

Respected Contributor

I am shocked that I don't read mire about the shortages  of computer chips for cars. This situation is  probably not going to improve for another 9 months.  For people needing an affordable car now this is a huge problem.  This is a major US industry being held hostage!  This has to be addressed or one of our major industries will fall, not to mention all related companies.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping Containers Backed Up9

@qualitygal  I waited three and a half  months for a refrigerator and two months for a mattress. I bought  both locally. The delivery people said one woman waited a year for a new couch and it came damaged so had to be sent back. I hope your car comes soon and is ok and one you had in mind. 

My refrigerator was 25 years old and the mattress 20 so I needed the items. It was worth the wait as am enjoying both. Delays, shortages of materials and labor all trickle down.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom wrote:

I am shocked that I don't read mire about the shortages  of computer chips for cars. This situation is  probably not going to improve for another 9 months.  For people needing an affordable car now this is a huge problem.  This is a major US industry being held hostage!  This has to be addressed or one of our major industries will fall, not to mention all related companies.  

@Twins Mom 

This is a major US industry who Chose to be reliant on another country for parts.  Now paying the price.  No one is holding us hostage except our own poor purchasing and supply decisions.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of link to another retailer