Honored Contributor

Re: Shifting Irma: How about trying an experiment in "collective conciousness."

I wish the best possible outcome for everybody. But I have no sway over what will happen -- either for better or for worse.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Must be working ... Irma is shifting more to the east coast ... than west FL or the Gulf.

@seaBreeze, just got our 5pm update & unfortunately it is now worst case scenario going straight up the middle as a Cat 4.  DH & I have learned to prepare June 1st when hurricane season starts.  We don't like dealing with the insanity that these storms bring.  All us Floridians need to keep vigilant, truly an understatement.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, there will be no "miraculous turn out to sea" or "dissipation of winds".

Irma WILL strike the U.S.

No amount of praying, or wishful thinking is going to change that fact.

Mark my words.

Irma

Will

Make

Landfall.

Guaranteed.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I wish the best possible outcome for everybody. But I have no sway over what will happen -- either for better or for worse.

ITA @suzyQ3

Respected Contributor

Miami Zoo will be evaculating ... never thought of those poor zoo animals in Miami, it would be hard to corral 50 flamingos~!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Miami Zoo will be evaculating ... never thought of those poor zoo animals in Miami, it would be hard to corral 50 flamingos~!

@seaBreeze  The last time the flamingos took refuge in the zoo's bathroom during hurricane Floyd in 1999...

09.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

@seaBreeze  The last time the flamingos took refuge in the zoo's bathroom during hurricane Floyd in 1999...

09.jpg

@Susan Louise, what magnificent creatures. I bet even they like looking at themselves.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I think logically we all know we have no sway. It's the wish that we could that inspired this thread, and that comes from the purest possible place. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I think logically we all know we have no sway. It's the wish that we could that inspired this thread, and that comes from the purest possible place. 

@Greeneyedlady21

Now all we can do is pray for the safety of everybody and all creatures great and small.

Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21  Nicely stated.

We see a lot of prayers being said for safety of people and animals yet that is no different, either.

If one prays for all in Florida, SC, GA, NC etc.-the prayer is sincere only if offered up in acceptance of the outcome. 

Our prayers may or may not save a life; but knowing that thousands of people are sending out hope to the universe means somewhere somebody is receiving the benefit of hope and care from another person.   Those sending out prayers, healing light, good thoughts, or whatever one chooses-we hope that those in despair will  be open to receiving it all and gain some small feeling of hope and care.

It is very easy to offer up a prayer; it isn't so easy to accept that the prayer doesn't always produce the outcome we had hoped for; this applies to every area of life.

I believe in the power of prayer; and I believe that those who choose to do so are expecting an outcome, too. 

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh