Trusted Contributor

Shifting Irma: How about trying an experiment in "collective conciousness."

How about trying an experiment in "collective conciousness."

Pray or send positive thoughts out into the universe - whatever you want to do - and visualize that Irma turns and goes out to sea.

Since Irma is already going strong, instead of picking a date, let's send these thoughts and prayers out at the top of each hour (7:00, 8:00, etc).

I sent this suggestion to a radio show I listen to and hope he will make an announcement tonight. He does these experiments from time-to-time.

Now would be a good time.

If nothing else, it couldn't hurt.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shifting Irma: How about trying an experiment in "collective conciousness."

Count me in. I'll do my part.

Trusted Contributor

Can't hurt, I guess! Right now, you can't buy a bottle of water or a gallon of gas in my city in central Fl. Everyone's getting prepared to be hit. My son's high school announced today that they will be closed on Friday & Monday. I'm saying my prayers!

Honored Contributor

sandraskates, neat Idea!  That's creative of you, and you are right, it sure couldn't hurt.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lovely idea filled with hope and the belief in miracles, @sandraskates.    The only down side I can possibly conjure up might be that when people try this sort of "experiment" and it doesn't work... or, at least, the results aren't what they specifically expected...   it sometimes might dash or diminish hopes and beliefs in prayer and the power of sending positivity out into the universe.   I think the potential benefits make it worthwhile.   I'm all for doing what we can to manifest goodwill, safety, blessings, and benevolence, and (just my experience) it's worthy of practicing every day.    Thanks for this suggestion, @sandraskates.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@sandraskates, I'm a cynic, but I'm in. Intention counts.

It's not as if you're suggesting we all go outside and blow hard in the direction of Florida.

Honored Contributor

foolywooly wrote:

Can't hurt, I guess! Right now, you can't buy a bottle of water or a gallon of gas in my city in central Fl. Everyone's getting prepared to be hit. My son's high school announced today that they will be closed on Friday & Monday. I'm saying my prayers!

I'm praying for you, your family and friends, @Foolywooly11.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

A lovely idea filled with hope and the belief in miracles, @sandraskates.    The only down side might be that when people try this sort of "experiment" and it doesn't work... or, at least, the results aren't what they specifically expected...   it sometimes might dash or diminish hopes and beliefs in prayer and the power of sending positivity out into the universe.   I'm all for doing what we can to manifest goodwill, safety, blessings, and benevolence, and (just my experience) it's worthy of practicing every day.    Thanks for this thread, @sandraskates.❤️

Heck, @dooBdoo@, if it doesn't work, we just blame @Kachina624. Cat Wink If it does, we raise the roof in celebration.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@sandraskates, I'm a cynic, but I'm in. Intention counts.

It's not as if you're suggesting we all go outside and blow hard in the direction of Florida.

@noodleann  No but some of the huffing and puffing around here lately might do the trick.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

noodleann wrote:

dooBdoo wrote:

A lovely idea filled with hope and the belief in miracles, @sandraskates.    The only down side might be that when people try this sort of "experiment" and it doesn't work... or, at least, the results aren't what they specifically expected...   it sometimes might dash or diminish hopes and beliefs in prayer and the power of sending positivity out into the universe.   I'm all for doing what we can to manifest goodwill, safety, blessings, and benevolence, and (just my experience) it's worthy of practicing every day.    Thanks for this thread, @sandraskates.❤️

Heck, @dooBdoo, if it doesn't work, we just blame @Kachina624. Cat Wink If it does, we raise the roof in celebration.

Hah!   You really did make me laugh out loud, @noodleann!   Love your post!